• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat Electrical Question

Fishin Dan

I just recently got a new boat and i have a few questions that hopefully someone can answer.

The boat came with two batteries and until yesterday i thought both of them were hooked up. But when i opened it up and looked one of the batteries wasnt hooked up. There were wires right there that i figure are the ones that are supposed to be hooked up to that battery. The wires are coming from some box(in the picture below).

0803081555.jpg

Does anyone have an idea what these wires are from?

Also on the bow of the boat by the trolling motor there are some controls(livewell timer, ect) there is also a spot where some wires from the trolling motor foot pedal go into that says charger 2-12v and next to that is the charger fuse. Now my question is where would the onboard charger be? I couldnt find it. Could it be whats in the above picture?

Any help would be great. It sucks running out of juice 3 hours into the day...

It looks like what's shown in the picture is a breaker, probably the main breaker for the two batteries - one button for each.

I would follow the wires and verify where they lead before I would plug them in.

With respect to the second question - boat manufacturers have one front panel they put in every boat, regardless of what it has. Just because you have a switch for charging doesn't mean you have a charger, which I would suspect is the case here.

What brand boat is this?

marine_man

It looks like what's shown in the picture is a breaker, probably the main breaker for the two batteries - one button for each.

I would follow the wires and verify where they lead before I would plug them in.

With respect to the second question - boat manufacturers have one front panel they put in every boat, regardless of what it has. Just because you have a switch for charging doesn't mean you have a charger, which I would suspect is the case here.

What brand boat is this?

marine_man

its a 1990 Ebbtide Dyna-Trak 200 SS