Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kidd

Who's been better for the sportsman, Dems or Repubs?

16 posts in this topic

Thought I'd get our minds on something a little different. What political party has benefited the sportsman more, the Democrats or the Republicans.

A plea: Please back up your statement with some facts. Simple stereotyping and rhetoric get old. For example: If you say so-and so is going to auction off all available hunting land, please back it up with a link, or something, that supports your position. As we get ready to vote for some very important decision makers, President, Governor, senators, it would be nice to really understand how natural resources will be impacted by our choices.

Thanks in advance.

Look at the farm bill,For conservation it loses every time its renewed,So neither benifit outdoors people! again they reinforce their bonds with BIG MONEY,

I'll just give generalities.

Neither is better than the other for sportsmen in the end. Dems can keep the outdoors clean and pure and the republicans can keep it open.

Problem is Dems would like to have everyone out and the republicans would like to exploit everything possible.

Interesting question. I'm going along with the crowd here. I think that individuals and grass roots hunting and fishing organizations do a lot more for the sportsman than either party.

I think both parties can stand by their records and say they've done a lot for sportsman...and then go ahead and rip the other side with a significant list of wrongs.

I agree with the assessment made by others on here. The folks who get things done are the people in our conservation organizations and department of natural resources. Some folks rip on the DNR, but you can't argue that they are the ones who make things happen. It's easy to gripe, but try and be part of the solution rather than just whine about it.

I think that both parties will continue to have a short list of rights and a long list of wrongs as long as we sportsmen/sportswomen infight and as long as we don't act as a mixed coalition.

The DNR is Minnesotas greatest assest to preserve our outdoors. The funds to support the DNR our constantly cut or vetoed. CRP programs our pushed aside. Don't count on your local government to help outdoorsmen. Donate your money to conservation programs.

ps: remember all those signs claiming "outdoorsmen for pawlenty".... fast forward a couple years.. i lost tract of all the conservation bills he put the VETO mark on

What political party has benefited the sportsman more, the Democrats or the Republicans.

You are kinda asking which end of the turd would you prefer to eat smirk

Originally Posted By: Kidd
What political party has benefited the sportsman more, the Democrats or the Republicans.

Too freakin funny laughlaughlaugh

Neither is better than the other for sportsmen in the end. Dems can keep the outdoors clean and pure and the republicans can keep it open.

Problem is Dems would like to have everyone out and the republicans would like to exploit everything possible.

This is where I kinda fall. Although I think it comes down to specific policies, not party loyalty.

Cleanliness of water is the big thing around here, but I do find the Bush administrations policy of legalizing mountain top removal mining practices a little bit more than troubling.

Here is a graphic from the NYT:

coallarge.jpg

Originally Posted By: Kidd

rofl. you could also be referring to which of the 2 prez candidates you would be voting for

Originally Posted By: pulsar_nx

This is where I kinda fall. Although I think it comes down to specific policies, not party loyalty.

Cleanliness of water is the big thing around here, but I do find the Bush administrations policy of legalizing mountain top removal mining practices a little bit more than troubling.

Here is a graphic from the NYT:

coallarge.jpg

That is bad wait until Shale for oil is in large production

its hard to say which party is better. its probably more an individual person. there are some repubs who are good and bad and the same with the dems. david dill is a good one. perpich was good, i thought.

I dunno man, i mean the differences are real in terms of philosophy but I think for both parties they are speaking to those differences, more than actually being different. But that the differences are there, even in a sham fake competition it's better than if there were no discussion.

I dunno. I kinda look at the level of political discourse among most (mostly clueless) people as something akin to school-aged arguments, and maybe highschool level debates, rather than a genuine exchange or discussion of ideas: as in it can be decent entertainment, it can blow off steam, and it's largely scripted or cliche, but once in a while something real is said and once in a while someone is actually inspired to elevate the discussion.

ps: remember all those signs claiming "outdoorsmen for pawlenty".... fast forward a couple years.. i lost tract of all the conservation bills he put the VETO mark on

Look at what we did to mine iron ore in minnesota. We needed the resources so we did what it took. I think it was great we added alot of lakes to the list. Mother nature has concealed alot of the mining evidence already. Oh, and to stay with the topic at hand I agree that our DNR has done more than any of the empty suits have. Neither party.