• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2003 Lowe Sea Nymph 170 w/Stinger fishing package +03 Yamaha F50

fishcanoe

I did a search for this boat and it looks pretty nice. However, I ran across two different pics, one for a Bass Tracker style bass boat, the other looked more like a muti-species deep V boat.

IMO, a 50hp is a little small for this rig, especially if it is the deep V style boat. A 75hp would be just about right.

What is the max hp rating on the boat?

- Wish

Those are good questions. I was hoping it was a deep V model, but I haven't seen it yet. My friend who is a Marine Repair Teacher at the local Tech School said the the four strokes in that

size class seem to have carburator issues with ethanol and water so a water separating fuel filter is a must.

I don't know the Max HP of the boat - but for my Dad going fast is not an issue.

Thanks for the replies...

in that size class seem to have carburator issues with ethanol and water so a water separating fuel filter is a must.

That is true, the other thing is that they seem to be a little fussier about gas quality... be sure to have him run fuel stabilizer if they boat is going to sit for a couple weeks.

marine_man