• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

dual exhaust

This is further north than you'd probably like, however I checked a few places out around the Monticello area last year. Most places came in around the 450-600 dollar range. By a recommendation from a friend, I ended up taking to a welding/exhaust shop up in Foley, MN (I just made a day of it by going to St. Cloud also)

Anyway, the shop did a custom fabrication system for my pickup and I was impressed with their work. Also, the end cost came in at around $180.00 (I was reusing a pair of stainless tips that I had)

Just wondering, not being a mech, but what exactly does adding dual ex. do other than the sound? Does it add or subtract power/HP over single exhaust? I have always wondered, and thought it should add power, but have heard it loses back pressure... or something.

Thanks,

For my truck, it was something that was initially installed when I bought it with 20,000 miles and unfortunately whoever installed it used thin aluminumized steel piping. (it rusted out) I actually priced out bringing it back to stock, and the cost of that was spendier than the guys up in Foley.

Mostly for sound and looks unless you begin to get into replacing everything from the headers back with high-flo stuff.

However, for some people it does decrease mileage on their vehicles as they tend to stomp on the pedal more. (my brother in law has that problem now)