• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

5th wheel hitch question

The hitch setup has brackets that bolt to the frame of the truck and then the hitch rails are bolted to the brackets. The hitch itself it set onto the rail and held in place with large pins. So if you want to remove the hitch you pull the pins and then you can remove the hitch and use the bed of the truck.

Here is a pic from the web. It is a slider hitch, but it should of how it works.

27401-want-5th-wheel-king-cab-info-look-

Thanks for the pic. Looks simple enough.

After reading your posts about the 5th wheels and the ability to also pull a boat, I thought it might be a nice way to go sometime down the road.

Tell me about the one you bought recently. How big is it, how much does it weigh, what do you pull it with, how does it pull?

- Wish

We picked a Innsbruck by Gulf Stream. 28 footer, 1 super slide(about 14 foot) dry it is about 6800# loaded probably about 8000# give or take. I pull it with 2000 chevy 2500 with 6.0 Liter, pulls nice, you have to watch tight corners a bit to be sure you go a little wide, but no real problems.