Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

How to create an @mention - Click Here   07/16/2015

You can use the @mention aspect whenever you want someone to be notified about a post or let them know you are talking about them. Type the @ symbol type in a couple "lowercase" letters pause then once the names pop-up either select or keep typing in letters to narrow down the list until you get the @mention name you are looking for. You can play a game so members can see how it works. If you want to practice or If your name has been @mentioned below you should see it in your notifications (upper right) and you then have to @mention one or two members who haven't been mentioned inthe comments section below. Let's see how long we can keep this going. Anyone who duplicates a name that has already been @mentioned loses. This is the first group to be @mentioned to get the ball rolling: @Borch @Scott K @Corey Bechtold @Matt Johnson @mrklean @eyeguy 54 @Finns @IceHawk @MarkB @Cliff Wagenbach @Wayne Ek
Sign in to follow this  
shorebird

It's starting

I had a couple of bird watchers from St. Cloud at the cabin this weekend and they said they saw small flocks of birds coming through.

I was working on a food plot this afternoon and between 75-100 Gulls flew overhead. I also saw Least Sandpipers and Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs at one of my ponds.

I am only a couple of miles from Canada so I have to think the migration is on it's way.

Have a nice week

I certainly agree Shorebird....the shorebirds seem to be congregating in the same areas that the spring migration had ....It's a sure sign that the push south has started...also verified by other birders in the area

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• I broke the trigger guard my my t/c omega on the last day of the season.  I looked online but can't seem to find anywhere selling that part.  Any idea where to get one?  I'd rather not buy entire new muzzleloader. It's the silver part in this pic.    
    • Yes we have and still, It only makes sense that if 85% of this country's population identifies as Christian. 85% of the criminals when ask with a check off box on their in-processing form, would identify with what they were raised with as well. Big shock! By the way that question is on the in-processing forms so the few atheist's and other beliefs can be accommodated during their stay as well. It doesn't mean that the little Norwegian or German Lutheran ladies down in Belle Plaine are going to gun down Big Dave with their AR's after the church Pot Luck as he walks down the street! Fear-Not Dave.   
    • Not just heat, if you have central air it will run off that also though not as well.  Usually no real need to have a humidifier run in the summer though around here.  
    • You can buy shallow mount speakers for a couple extra bucks, but making a bumpout inside isn't to bad.  We put ours in the corners in the back with a 45'd wood box.  The front are in the bathroom wall so there was room there.  Going to throw in some outside ones next summer and for those I'm planning on shaving out the sprayfoam and just packing insulation in behind them.  They will be mounted behind cabinets so shouldn't lose to much heat.  Outside if they don't fit I will be buying the plastic pre-made spacers, don't want wood out there.
    • We've went over this before but over 85% of this country's population is Christian. Guess who is causing over 85% of the crime? And actually, there have been terroristic threats against the couple of outed atheists here in Belle Plaine.......
    • I like seeing that gas line open in the bathroom.  I saw a couple manufactures at a show this summer that had them hidden in the wall and that absolutely terrifies me.  If something were to happen with it they would be sol.
    • This was probably one of the most frustrating Muzzy seasons I can remember. There are lots of deer around. Cameras and tracks in the snow confirmed that. We just saw very few in the daylight. The properties we hunt do get hit pretty hard with the rifle guys, but usually with some snow/cold they will start to hit the food sources in the afternoons as the season progresses. But not this year. They would wait until about 5:30 before arriving on the food. Oh well we still had lots of fun. I will go out a few times yet with the bow. Still have a doe tag that would love to fill.
    • We saw some good bucks this weekend but couldn't quite seal the deal on any of them...my son smoked his second one with the ML this afternoon after talking me in to going out when we should have been packing to leave for home...(: found a big deadhead this morning too...deer were super spooky but saw plenty...time to pack all the hunting gear away and focus on ice!! 
  • Our Sponsors