Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pat K

Ski pylon on 386XF

1 post in this topic

I have an '07 Stratos 386XF. I bought the ski pylon that was part of the '08 package this spring. It is humanly imposible to spread the braces as far as recomended by Swivel-Eze in the instructions. I've cut up my fingers and elbow already on the raw fiberglass under the splashwell trying to reach out far enough from the access holes to get the angle for the braces they suggest.

I was hoping someone has an '08 with the pylon and you could either post a picture of the location of the studs the bracers attach to or e-mail me a picture to greenlundps @ aim.com.

I realy shopuld change my e-mail addy. That was my last boat.

Pat K

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Sonar works from above, cameras need to be submerged. What am I missing here?
    • I've also had good luck spray painting PVC.  Biggest thing I found is to do lots of light coats, the PVC makes the paint want to run in a hurry.
    • I believe you can do this with the Lowrance HDS 9 and above.
    • I'll go with another loss in overtime.
    • Calling a win tonight, it's going to happen!
    •   You'll probably run into plenty of "experts" among the experts, too...   Floor heat is nice, but definitely not the best option if you're looking for the best efficiency, since it is a slow recovery system.  If you were looking for efficiency and lowest cost, I would suggest looking into a mini-split heat pump to complement the gas furnace if you have off-peak available.   (Disclaimer: Not an expert either, but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express a few times.)      
    •   Same here. I have 3 of them. Use them in the SUV, Boat, Snowmobile, and Dual Sport bike. They seem to work better on my sled in the winter with no issues at all over my old ifinder which would eat batteries in the cold. They are discontinued but you can still find them out there on the List or bay once in a while. I like them as they are a crossover and can be used on the road or with a lake map which is the main thing I use them for. Wish they would bring something like it back.
    • Ridiculous... but it would work.  Sorry to offend, guess I don't get quite so fired up about concrete.
    • Concrete. Way easier to plow. My parents have a gravel driveway WORST THING EVER! Impossible to snow blow because of all the rocks always wet and muddy. Sure it's cheaper but in the long it's not worth the cheaper price. 
    • I have used a Lowrance XOG (no longer available) on my boat and on my snowmobile for years now with no problems with cold or speed of tracking. I use a Lakemaster card for Minnesota lake for fishing, a Navionics card for coverage in Canada and LOW for winter and summer fishing, and a Red Pine snowmobile trail map for riding. Have ridden at 30 below without any problem with the touchscreen, it is hooked up to sled power, so it probably is getting some heat, and I put it inside my jacket when I get off. I recommend that you do a little research on the available chips for where you are going because different manufacturers use different chips. My use pretty much limits me to Garmin, and expect to pay couple to $300+ for chips for where I travel.
  • Our Sponsors