Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bhs91

lake chip problems

8 posts in this topic

When i use my navionics lake chip in my lowrance handheld, all is fine, contours, depth readings, etc.... When i use it in my Lowrance LMS 334c, I get the contour mapping but no depth readings...Do i need to switch/activate something.

Thanks,

BHS

Go to menu and scroll down to map data and make sure you are set up for the correct chip. Does the little black chip flash in the lower right corner when you have the chip in? If not your unit isnt picking up the chip.

It is set up for the correct chip. No luck still.

If you go into Map Data or Data Options Displayed or something like that. I think there is a menu option you can check to display what you want. I don't have mine handy or I'd check it for you. Should be easy to compare your two gps though and see where they're not set the same. Good luck.

Still no luck. Went to the Navionics site and did some of their suggested troubleshooting and nothing as well. The chip I have is a 2005 navionics hotmaps SE; it works fine in my handheld Ifinder, depths and contour lines show. In the LMS 334 iGPS that I have the only thing that shows are the contour lines. I have had multiple lowrance units so I know how to go to the Map data section and pick the correct map. I put a different lake chip in my lowrance and the depths and contours show up with that one in there, but that is an older one and has less lakes on it.

Any further suggestions would be great!

Thanks.

Is it possible the chip is just too big for that graph? (too much data)How old is it? Im not familiar with the 334. I had a 320 and it would only handle older chips with less data on them.

Im sorry if you already knew this.

Hmmm, that makes perfect sense and would stink if true. Anyway to add memory?

Can you check if the chip is compatible with the LMS 334 on the Navionics HSOforum or talk to technical support?