• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trophyline Tree Saddle

SnoManX

Has anyone used one of these yet? It seems like a great concept but was wondering if anyone had some personal experience with them. I've got several hang-on treestands that I leave up on the main property that I hunt but I've gotten permission to hunt a couple of smaller patches of woods this year also and am looking for something that is light weight and easy to put up. I have looked into the Lone Wolf and Loggy Bayou stands but this seems to be more versatile.

I want to know how comfy they are after sitting in one for 4 hours. It honestly doesn't look that much more convenient that setting up my LW stand, to be honest.

Also, I think it would be brutally cold sitting in one of those in november.

I imagine a buck walking by.. and your feet clumsily scraping on the bark trying to 'lean out' for that shot of a lifetime. I'm skeptical.

I looked at them at a show in Harrisburg, PA last year. Seemed ok, but not what I would put my hunters in for a their trips. Like waitforit mention, I could see one of them miss a trophy, simply by scraping the bark with their feet and making some noise.

I have one of these. They are very comfortable, and once you are in position they are quiet and offer great shooting oppertunities!

The downside is getting them set up! You need a straight tree, theres alot of screwing in steps (and they need to be just right)! Honestly I think they are very nice if you need to hike in a long way and dont want to drag a stand cause you can wear these in. OR if you have a spot pre-chosen that you just keep your steps in.

Otherwise. Positives- Comfy, quiet, fun, very safe!

Negatives- A real Bugger to put up properly, some movement needed to prepair for a shot (not as bad as youd think though).

Personally, Id stick to the ladder stands.

I just ordered one along with some long wolf climbing steps. Should be here in a week I'll post my initial reaction when I get it. I just got tired of having to have a perfectly strait tree with small or no branches. I was tired of dragging my climber through the brush getting sweaty. I was tired of the stand being ackward and banging together. I still will do the majority of my hunting on fixed stands but when I do hunt public land I think it will be mobility I have been looking for.

I,ve had one for 2 yrs and find them much more comfortable than sitting on a fixed seat. Changing positions is simple and quiet. You do need to clean out your back pockets(wallet,ect.), as they will make "pinch points" that are uncomfortable. You do have a wide range of shooting once you learn how to "swing".

How much weight is put on your legs, butt, and lower back? I just watched the video, looks like a nice product, but I can imagine being in that thing over 4 hrs.

Also, where do you put a gear pack, gun or bow rest, extra gear etc? I hunt in a lone wolf with climbing sticks, and once I get to my desired tree height, I hang by backpack up above the left side of my stand, and my gun on the right side. Once I am all set up I am good to go for an all day hunt.

These are very comfy, ive slept in mine! Dont get me wrong, but they arent perfect.

You can hang your bow and gear just like you would in any other stand.

Your tree still has to be straight if its tilted a little you will "swing" that way all the time.

Wedgeloc Stands are VERY nice!!! Just put the chain up and deal with the stand later. Plus the Platform is slightly adjustable for slightly tilted trees.