Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Catmendo

Flycatcher?

Nice shot, Stu.

It's a flycatcher, all right. Least flycatchers have bold white eye rings though, so this is either an eastern wood pewee or an eastern phoebe. I'm leaning toward the phoebe. Do you remember if it wagged its tail a lot when perched?

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• I've never used electric jacks, or hydro. I've heard they are pretty nice, and guys like them. It will be interesting to see how you feel about them after a season or two. I'd like to hear your input on them after you've used them awhile.
    • Yes, out of 100lb logs so they can't carry it away!
    • Really ufatz, that's how tomorrow  will affect fishing?? It all depends on what your fishing for. If I'm just off the flats chasing walleyes it would be interesting to see if they work there way up on top mid day. Probably not. To much of a short window.. 
    • Are fuses necessary on an on board charger?  Manual chargers do not have them,  is there a reason for them on the on board charges. I was given a system with a bank that may not have been working correctly, possibly blowing the fuse repeatedly.  My system would not be hooked up to an alternator on the engine so I'm wondering if it is fine to use the charging bank without the fuses.  The orange charging light comes on when I hook the wires directly up to a battery. I'm asking because I don't want to go through the bother of wiring this thing in my boat if I can't get it to work right. Also, I would technically only need 2 of the 3 banks to work, but I like the idea of repairing it to its potential.
    • My bait is getting hit but the bear does not like the large, cinnamon gum drops i added to the bait! He will drag them out and move on to other tasty treats. I do have red licorice to add next time.
    • Thanks...  Only truck in our neighborhood anyway....
    • Better than breaking your arse slipping on the ice.  
    • Yes!  There is no question the eclipse will affect fishing! The eclipse will draw peoples attention away from fishing and the casual angler will be all wound up about watching the event. They will not be paying attention to anything else and surely not to fishing. The result will be far fewer anglers on the stream and YOU will have more room to fish and less competition. THAT is how the eclipse will affect fishing.
    • Lots of bears being seen around Princeton not on baits just roaming around.
    • Because Sleeper's always have had good produce...and obviously, I just went there. I went to school with them, know how they do their produce. They been around a long time. Wouldn't have  4-5 people  standing there buying if it was lousy. I had to wait the other day. Word gets around fast on small stands.Your statement applies to just about anything...sometimes a restaurant has a good meal, next time it's mediocre. You'd still go there, right? You're going to have some years the corn is better than others, you can't change the weather. This happens to be a good year for the sweetcorn, both places told me.  What would be different at Seneca? It still comes out of a field there, too. Who knows how fresh it is? I'd go with a pickup truck just pulling in, with the corn still cool and damp, before I'd grab some from a pile at Seneca. That's the only time I go, early am, when it's fresh.  OK, so do four ears at about 6 mns then....ya can handle that, right? All I intended was to give ya a tip where to grab some good corn...
  • Our Sponsors