Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yellowhead

Monitor and printer calibration

6 posts in this topic

Do any of you have any recomendations about the various brand of calibration tools currently on the market. I would like to gt one but there is so much hype a little advise would sure help

I can only speak to what I have - a Greta Macbeth Eye-one. I've been happy with it. Easy to use and keeps me where I need to be.

Spyder2express for me. My prints from WHCC look exactly the same as on my monitor. Also, it was under $100.

I still haven't bought one. I calibrated my monitor using a print off my photo printer, matching the tone/color/etc of the monitor with the print. Works great for that.

And when ordering prints from WHCC, I just pay $1 extra per file for color correction. One of these days I'll just have to buy some calibration gear/software.

Or will I? gringrin

I've been using the Pantone Huey for a few years. I like it for its portability, use it at home and on the road with a laptop. Without breaking an arm and a leg the Huey and Eye One are the way to go.

If you want to get more expensive Pantone ColorMunki Photo - Monitor, Printer & Projector Profiler at around $450 is getting good reviews. Does printer profiles even!

I use the Pantone Huey Pro. Under $100 and it seems to work great.