• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Using 3 ways swivels - Expert advice

Mossback

Question

I've been tinkering with three ways swivels to try and use them more effectively for slow trolls/drifts. Looking for some feedback from anyone that uses the 3-way a lot (on the water) and has good luck with it using floating lure imitations or crawler/minnow/leech presentations. Anybody got some good methods?

3 answers to this question

i've had great luck in current with gum drops on them with the current constantly pulling but when I get in a lake it seems like the lure either floats way to much to sinks to much. thats just my opionin (spell check) I would get the more expensive ones if you can its helps alot

I use them a lot at certain times, usually with a stickbait or maybe with a crawler on a spinner rig. I usually have my dropper about half the length (or less) than the line back to the bait. I like to have the weight above the bottom but be able to touch the bottom by dropping back my rod tip - for crawler rigs I might be higher above the bottom because they will drop down unless your're going fast enough to get lift form the blades. I really like fishing them with a casting reel with a flipping switch.

I really don't use them for a "slow drift" with live bait like you're talking about. I suppose you could, but I usually go with a slip sinker rig in that situation.