• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

what is up?

Dahitman44

For a while -- the Twins were stealing bases in bunches and now nobody runs.

What gives?

Why is Gomez NOT stealing second and getting doubled up all the time.

This is NOT due to the recent injury -- he has just a steal or two in 4 weeks.

What is the deal?

Anyone have an idea?

Lots of lefties recently, harder to steal on a lefty, especially the young guys. Stealling isn't all speed, it is timing, also, Yankee series, Molina, Detroit series, Pudge...the catcher makes a differnce too.

Quote:
Yankee series, Molina, Detroit series, Pudge...the catcher makes a differnce too.

What about AJ, there was no excuse we didnt steal 10 bases during this last series!

Just checked --

In the past 28 days he has ZERO steals and one CS.

He should be much better than that.

What were his numbers the previous 28 days. If I am remembering correctly he was caught more than half the time.

He might be the fastest in a sprint, but he does not get the jump on the pitchers that he needs to get to be effective. Getting caught stealing half the time it is a waste to try it, leave him on first. I think that more pitchers are utilizing slide steps and other timing things to screw up his timing at first base.

I hope he figures it out and the Twins hire a professional like Vince Coleman to help him.

I would hate to see a talent like him turn into Greg Gagne. He had a ton of wheels but could never steal a base.