• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Everett is not good

Dahitman44

Hey our Tuesday is mat ball not some D league [PoorWordUsage]!! LOL

I am just noticing that I am making more comments on Gardy then I ever have and have noticed alot more mistakes like letting Perkins (i think) stay in the 7th against the Mariners after he loaded the bases the inning before yet other times a guy is throwing a shutout and under 100 pitches and he won't let them go back out the next inning or Taking out Everett batting 2-4 with 2 rbi's for a rookie that can't get a hit and goes down on 3 pitches.....maybe he pinch hit for Kubel and even though Kubel struck out 3 times that game I would want either of them to hit when it counts rather than GO-GO back to the bench Gomez....

Oh by the way Pier Manny didn't show up last Tuesday and left us with 9....I can't take his antics!! HAHA

How about the good defense he had as well, was that luck as well?

Dont get me wrong, I dont think he is allstar material! Just the fact that over the course of the season, I think every one on the team was on the chopping block by everyone on here! Including the coach.

Everett's had to look over his shoulder since spring training. He's been a serviceable glove and bat for his short career but don't expect him to get 200 hits and shag every grounder.

I've seen that the Brews may be shopping J.J. Hardy as they have a promising SS in the bushes.

Don't mock what you don't understand! I think you're the one who doesn't understand. Just look at the stats. And if they put Everett in for his defense, that was a waste. He hasn't done that great this year and he had an error anyway.

I agree with ya bassislife.....everett is not that good with the stick or the glove/arm to have him start.....keep on the bench until you need a spot for casilia........

I doubt this will do any good, but allow me to educate a few of you. Everett is hitting .211 right now. He has been playing hurt and on the dl for much of the year. He is only a .248 lifetime hitter. That means since he has currently 109 at bats, he is only 4 hits short of hitting his lifetime average. That's less than one hit per month this year. His defense may be suffering because of the injuries too. He has seven errors giving him a .964 fielding percentage. Right now the average American League shortstop sits around .970. They signed him for $2.8 million this year. The major league average is $2.8 million according to MLBPlayers.com. Why do you expect anything more than an average player. You guys talk like he should be hitting .400 with 20 home runs. He was not hired to do this. He was brought in to fill a hole that the Twins farm system was not yet prepared to fill. The Twins will not go out and bring in any big names (contracts) to be a short term solution to a problem that armchair managers contrive. This team was built to succeed in two or three years and be a contender when the new stadium opens. This year has been a huge suprise to everyone, probably including the Twins. That might be in large part due to the fact that the Twins have one of the best managers in baseball, who is commonly blasted in this forum. You so called fans that can find nothing postitive in a year like this is not what this team needs or deserves. What are you guys, displaced Vikings fans? Where are the posts that recoginze that Joe Mauer is back in the lead in the batting race? How 'bout the fact that Joe Nathan is finally getting recognition as one of the two best closers in the American League. Try this one on for size...have you noticed how hot Kuble has been this week? I just wish a bunch of the guys on this site would open their eyes and see that this team had way more upside than holes. I have a feeling that many of you would p1ss and moan is your beer was cold. Here's a thought, why don't you all become Yankee fans. Now you legitimately may just have something to b1tch about.

There's no reason to be upset. It's obvious everett is not very good and all I said was that Harris should be the one playing because he is the better shortstop. With that being said, I have to say you got some good info there.

Cicada, thanks! It seems the glass isnt even half empty most of the time from these guys! This team is fun to watch, sure it has some holes, but not as many as the Yankees! All teams have them! I have thought before that these guys must have been converted over Yankee fans, atleast they act like it most of the time.

Thanks for the rant but Everett is not good enough to be a everyday starter......I would rather see Harris or Punto when Casilia is back at second.....the other stuff is great but you expect Mauer to hit .320 and yes Kubel has been hitting great and it's about time....our team has great hitters that are finally hitting and hitting together.......but Everett still stinks!!!!