• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

KFAN news

PikeTipper

Can't stand Common, I've tried listening to him time and time again and can't get into it. He's an one-who-thinks-I-am-silly and I have no clue what he's doing on the radio. I usually flip it over to Jim Rome or just turn music back on.

Now there's a blubbering idiotic bafoon. Jim Rome Please

P.A. and Dubay give me my morning fix of sports for the day and I really enjoy their show. P.A. can get a little obnoxious for me at times though.

The Common Man's show is more like a soap opera---you have to be a long time listener to get lot's of his material.

I'm glad I'm not the only one out there who can't stand Hartmann. This guy is just so full of himself that I can barely get through his show at times.

Love em or hate em you listen to em all on the FAN. Common can be pretty funny, but he does get depressing. He loves sports and teams and hates em at the same time...all part of the bit I guess.

PA is talented but that guy would push his grandma out of the way for a dollar. Can you trust anything the guy says? Despite being plugged into the sports landscape we all know how his prognostication has been going...

Dubay-totally agree with what others have said. Struggles on his own.

Every personality on the FAN has things I don't like and things I do.

Star-funny but sophomoric.

Sludge-Immature and shallow but can be funny in a childish way

Barreiro-probably the one I like the most. Interesting guests and tastes but can go off on certain topics for no reason.

Hartman-let someone else get a word in, is never wrong. Not the overrunning 'homer' so many other MN media types are.

Woooww, what a great breaking down the KFAN radio personalities mind.

I can take or leave the Common Man. I listen enough to be able to understand his over-used lines and comments. He knows very little about sports. Not a big Rome fan so its generally XM or Common. Depends on my mood.

I think Barriero is one of the two best radio personalities in the Twin Cities. He's not a homer, has an opinion on most matters and has some of the best guests around. I like his mix of sports and not sports. I wish he did not overlap with Garage Logic.

Hartmann. Not impressed. He was a good announcer for the Wolves but I generally avoid his KFAN show.

Sludge and Lake.... Sludge is an immature know it all in my opinion. You can tell he is young. Very little common sense and even less real world experience. Lake is better than Sludge but he doesn't have enough to have a major market radio show. I'd take Fan Outdoors 5 days a week.

Morris & company in the morning.... They are ok but I've listened to KQ for so long its hard to amke the switch. I flip to 93X when a KQ commercial comes on. The KQ morning show has degraded over the years in my opinion, but I still listen. Bring back Tony Lee and the Chucker.. We need a Tim Mooseberger sequel.

PA & Dubay. I actually like the show. Their interests in different sports are a decent complement in my opinion. PA is money hungry.. but who isn't to some degree. I appreciate Dubay's takes on hockey and the Twins.

If I was wagering I would guess Dubay is either battling an illness or is in Spin dry. I have no knowledge of his situation or habits. I am only throwing out a guess.

Duckies and bunnies --

I like them and they give good info. The are and try to be one-sided and that is fine with me. Dan B. gives it like it is and Common drives me nuts.

Power trip -- like the wild coach stuff and the Vikings stuff, but it can drag a little.

Originally Posted By: da_chise31
Love em or hate em you listen to em all on the FAN. Common can be pretty funny, but he does get depressing. He loves sports and teams and hates em at the same time...all part of the bit I guess.

PA is talented but that guy would push his grandma out of the way for a dollar. Can you trust anything the guy says? Despite being plugged into the sports landscape we all know how his prognostication has been going...

Dubay-totally agree with what others have said. Struggles on his own.

Every personality on the FAN has things I don't like and things I do.

Star-funny but sophomoric.

Sludge-Immature and shallow but can be funny in a childish way

Barreiro-probably the one I like the most. Interesting guests and tastes but can go off on certain topics for no reason.

Hartman-let someone else get a word in, is never wrong. Not the overrunning 'homer' so many other MN media types are.

Woooww, what a great breaking down the KFAN radio personalities mind.

I always love that one!

He's back today. Said the last year has been bad for him. He thought he could deal with it on his own, but checked himself into a place a couple of weeks ago. He didn't go into detail, but I would assume some type of rehab. I know he went through a divorce.

The Ticket midday guys run a bit during the football season called Homer Call of The Week. PA is usually a candidate. They interviewed him one time and he didn't get that they were laying a beatdown. I think that when PA isn't talking, he's listening to his own play calls.

The Ticket midday guys run a bit during the football season called Homer Call of The Week. PA is usually a candidate. They interviewed him one time and he didn't get that they were laying a beatdown. I think that when PA isn't talking, he's listening to his own play calls.

LOL IFalls! PA loves attention. He admitted that if he had an opportunity to better himself in another city (like Chicago), that he would immediately be a huge homer there. He's a phony and a blowhard!

Originally Posted By: toughguy
If you have it in you to give Common about 6 months his show is will become entertaining. Not as good as it was a few years back but still good IMO. Half of what he talks about are old bits and inside jokes for those that have been listening for years. He is an acquired taste. The one I can't handle is Hartman. I would rather listen to his Dad. At least you can laught him.

I feel the same exact way about Common and Hartman.

I hated Common at first, but now I actually enjoy his show, I sometimes find myself laughing out loud while eating lunch.

Ditto to all of that. I mostly listen in the truck all day and out of no where common pulls one out of his hat and make me LOL.

If it wasn't for Doogie and Rosen, Hartman would be unlistenable for me.

For as goofy as common is and for how run over his material is, he is a pretty bright guy in how he lays some of it out.

Also a lot of those guys (especially sludge) put out the [PoorWordUsage] just to get the phone calls...

PA/Dubay have some good things to say and sometimes they beat a dead horse depends on my mood I guess I turn it off when the vikings loose becuase they beat them up and never stop. I am not even a big vikings fan and I stand them talking about how bad they are. when hockey rolls around I love to listen to them. there pretty good on the t wolves too