Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Neighbor_guy

Once again we do NOTHING!!!!

16 posts in this topic

Another trade deadline come and gone and the Twins get..... NOTHING!!!!! Did they get rid of the dead weight???? NO!!! We still have Boof BOOM BOOM Bonser, Adam Everet, Lamb, the list goes on. Cassia out for the year, Did we get a 2nd baseman??? NO!!!! We got nothing....

I cant wait untill tomarrow to see who they put on waviers. Pridictions anyone? Boof will not clear, so I doubt he will be placed. Levan is on for sure, Lamb, Everet, Anyone who plays left field, who am I missing????

Mabe we can get someone to claim our trash, or will we pick up someone else's. I realize we like to cultivate from within and dont like to give up strarting pitchers, but everyone else in the devision made moves and what did we do??? Cassia was the spark that made this team better for the last few months and now he is out. Will we go .500 now???

madmadmad

i think any realistic twins fan knows that this team is not going to make any moves to get anyone this year. the upper management is focusing on building this organization around opening the new ballpark.

anything this team does this year is just a bonus, they are already exceeding expectations. just wait for all the pieces to fall into place when the new stadium opens up and things should be looking good for the twins

KMR85 and Cicada said it best!

KMR85:

Quote:
You know they have been shopping around, it is such that the asking price in return for a good player is one of the guys that is currently producing for us. I believe they would have made a move already if there was a worthy deal to be done. I also believe it is time to get Liriano up here to test him again in the big leagues. I just do not trust Livan out there, every pitch he throws I cringe. Just because they haven't made a move will not keep me from going to the dome to watch them, which is where I will be tonight. I think I will make a generic homer hanky, since I don't have any of the real ones from years past. I almost forgot, how could you stay away from the dome with all those babes at the game? And being married is not an excuse because looking isn't against the rules!

Cicada:

Quote:
The lack of activity on the Twins part can be frustrating, but they are not the quick change kind of team. Solid basics and building from within are why they are the model organization that the middle and low budget teams try to emulate. They look hard at the intangibles like how a player will affect team chemistry. How many deadline trades really push a team over the edge? Far fewer than the trades that actually happen and they tend to be temprary solutions. This is a team of our future. The fact that they are conending this year is gravy. Why screw up the next three or four years to take a chance on this year?

Cuddy is coming back soon, from what it sounds like. Here is a high RBI guy that gives us some bench back. Then it sounds like Liriano is heading up - and Tolbert is playing in the Minor leagues.

We add three guys....

Have a little faith in Gardy... after all he kicked the [PoorWordUsage] out of his cap tonight!!!

Big Mistake --

Should have gotten Griffey.

He would have put more tails in the seats and given us an additional power hitter.

Not the Whitesucks got him --

Ish

I think Mourneau had a good article in todays paper....sort of on the line that we are doing ok with what we have and sometimes bringing in somebody this late in the season is a disruption...basically in Chitown, there aren't enough line-up spots for JR.

I'll still take this years bench over the ones we have had for the last few years.

It's baseball, we complain and we enjoy. We are fans, not owners or managers.

Gardy just may have a new job replacing Klewe on the Vikes. laugh

We shouldn't be suprised that they didn't make a move. Sounds like they looked at a few senerio's and nothing panned out. I think what matters is what was in today's Trib, all the players were in favor of keeping this team intact. As long as they are for it and want to rally as a group that got them here let them go. No one honestly thought they would be here so let them play it out and address your needs in the off season for a deeper run next year.

I am glad the Twins didnt throw their future away to rent a guy for a few months. If they could have dumped a few players we dont want and get a good player I would be all for it, but the payers we dont want, nobody else does either! We would have had to give up alot more then what any of these players were worth to make a trade.

They're doing fine. This was a good trade deadline to sit out.

We shouldn't be suprised that they didn't make a move.

Nope -- that never surprises me -- they love the scrap heap and hoping something works ...

the twins are doin fine why screw up the line up. were not a home run club and we still beat the white sox. good choice gardy things come to people that waite!

I'm not surprised either. Other than the short Garret Atkins rumor that was out there for a little while, there really wasn't much that would have helped this team out greatly.

I really hope we make the move of getting Liriano up and replacing Hernandez before his next scheduled start. I've heard that Livan is well liked and a good role model for the young players, but he needs to move to the bullpen and asap. I don't understand people defending him saying that he's an inning eater. Anybody can be an inning eater if you leave him in the game when he's getting shelled. The only difference between him and Boof when he was still a starter was that Boof got pulled if he gave up five runs in the first three innings but they leave Livan in the game in that same scenario. End result is usually loss in both cases unless the Twins have an offensive explosion.

I've heard that Livan is well liked and a good role model for the young players, but he needs to move to the bullpen and asap. The only difference between him and Boof when he was still a starter was that Boof got pulled if he gave up five runs in the first three innings but they leave Livan in the game in that same scenario. End result is usually loss in both cases unless the Twins have an offensive explosion.

I'm not sure we want either of them in the bullpen for exactly that reason. These guys enter a game and the scoreboard starts to look like a pinball machine. If either are in the bullpen it should be in a mop up role to rest the pitchers who can actually pitch. smile

Other teams are not that dumb. Why would they take our "excess weight" and give us something valuable in return?

Should we give up a young player that is producing now or has a bright future to "rent" someone to go for it this year? Or stick with what we have any play well this year and maybe even better in the future?

I am glad they didn't make a move....