Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrew Erickson

reports?

10 posts in this topic

anybody been out chasing skis?i havent been out for a whole week which is killing me.Has the fishing picked up at all?ive only caught 3 all year

I was in Los Angeles for the quake....pretty crazy!

Been gone for a few, but with water temps and the forecast being for hot weather I'm choosing to lay off 'skis and go after bass. Looking at West metro waters, may head out to the West on my waters by Paynesville or head to Green for smallies.

woa dang dude that must of been freaky.Yea i havent even been out to see the temps

Past week and a half or so has been slow for me. caught a 32inch pike at night but thats about it.

Water temps came up alot this week and the action is starting to slow down. the summer peak is over. most lake temps are 80+. going to start trolling the depths.

I don't think the northern lakes have hit summer peak yet. Just because the water temps are finally getting up there and staying up instead of dropping again overnight doesn't mean their metabolism has peaked. That's what I'm hoping for anyway!

I definitely don't think the summer peak is over, everything is several weeks behind anyways.

just got back from harriet fishing from the sailboat dock and raised one on a homemade bucktail

Luckily my water temps still in the 70's, we rarley see 80. Lots of follows this year having a tough time getting them to commit. Lost 4 boated 3 so far for the year and not quiting yet.

What I meant to say was that the very shallow bite looks like its over on many lakes in the metro. Maybe not now that the temps for the week are going to be in the upper 70's to low 80's. That's Minnesota.