• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

the beastie boys

Andrew Erickson

What are these guys??? White rappers?? They will never make it........LOL.........every album has more than a few good songs....Who doesn't enjoy the Beastie Boys??

The Anthology DVD is pretty sweet. It lets you choose one camera angle and watch the whole video from that angle. You can also choose from different remixes of the songs or on some just the lyrics, no music at all. It's a 2 disc DVD.

Sounds of Science Anthology is a great CD set to get if you are into the Beasties. It has a little of everything from License to Ill to Intergallictic and some unreleased stuff in between.

I remember seeing them many years ago playing a Lalapalooza 92 or 93 on Harriet Island, that still goes down as one of the best concerts ever. It was about 95 degrees that day and very very dry, everyone at the show was covered in dirt. Been a huge fan since the beginning, I even have them as an artist alert on my Sirius Radio.

I was there and it was funny that a ton of people left after the beasties were done. Smashing Pumpkins headlined and I rememeber dragging people out from the chain fence in front after getting crushed once people jammed the stage when they came on. That crowd went insane. They rocked! I remember that was after ill communication came out.

Sabotage was the best video ever. so what'cha want rocks. Love the maestro,5-piece chicken dinner,looking down the barrel of a gun,shadrach,shake your rump,high plains drifter,and no sleep til brooklyn.

Liked them since License when I was 13, and been a fan ever since. Awesome grooves and beats, and great instrumental stuff. Lately though, it's getting to be less about the music. I appreciate the message, but they are getting way too political, especially considering their beginnings. At first they were more punk and anarchist, and now are on a big "vote" tour. I'll still listen and am a big fan, but for the tunes and not the diatribes. I saw them in their Intergalactic tour, but don't think I'll pay to see them again as it will be 20% music, 80% message. I can get that for free on MTV ,if I ever watched it!

On a side note, there was a great jab at them on the Matt Groening show Futurama. The characters (one from the present) went to a concert of theirs 1000 years in the future when they were just living heads in jars being moved around by stagehands dressed in black. Afterwards the guy from the present said to them "I have all 5 of your albums!" to which they replied "That was a thousand years ago. Now we have 8."

They sure do take their time between releases!