• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Game Farm Recommendation

AJ

Anyone with experience at BOTH Traxlers and Oakdale Ridge hunting preserves? If so, where would you spend time chasing birds and training your dog? Quality of cover, ease to get on, quality of birds, etc. I have heard good things about both, so I want a comparison. Traxlers is about 20 miles farther for me (gas and time are concerns). Beyond that, assume they are cost neutral. You can email me a PM at ajgildner at gmail dot com if the reponse is not allowed here. Thanks.

I can only offer help with Traxlers. I was a member for many years-back when it was a metal-out building and they cooked pheasant in a electric fry pan. The only reason I stopped going was my dog retired. The place is great, the field layout and cover is also very good. The owner and employees treat you very well. I'm a day or two from picking up a new puppy from Labs and I am planning on joining Traxlers this year to get myself in-shape. They have a cap on the amount of members. If you call a few days in advance, usually not a problem getting a field. We went every other weekend and booked a field before we left. Good food and cold beer (after the hunt). I think between the two, Traxlers is priced better, plus guests don't have to pay a fee. I live close to Buck Hill and it takes about 50 minutes to get to Traxlers. Boy, Jeff owes me for this endorsement.