• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Otter Outdoors

harvey lee

I ran the Medium Ice Camo House last year and it performed very very well. The new pole design is awesomely smooth and the new seat design makes it very easy to store your gear.

The Camo material also holds heat a bit better. The windows are also more plyable in the cold.

I would buy a new one but I'll wait till my current Lodge wears out. I think it's going to be a few years. These things are solid compared to some other houses on the market. I'll be on team green until then.

I have the Lodge with a bench seat. My wife, six year old, and myself fish in it just fine.

It is a tad heavy for the wife when she goes alone, so she got a medium and her and the kid had a lot of fun with that when I had to work last winter.

The tub on my Lodge has several hundred of tough miles on it, and has held up wonderfully.

I ran another brand of shelter a few years back. While it was a good quality unit, I wore it out in three years. Running and gunning on LOW and Crow is a true test of durability, and Otter passes with flying colors.

I have a Lodge and love it, it works out great when I bring 1 or both kids with me. At times the whole family of 4 has fished in there.

I keep thinking about getting a smaller house for when I go alone, the Lodge is nice but there's some weight to it.

Love my Lodge. I'm going to add some accessories to it and spend even more time in it this winter. Fishing out of a flip over is the way to go as far as being portable...don't know how I ever did it before. I'm hoping for a good freeze so we can be driving right away. I'm young enough that dragging it out isn't so bad, but early ice I'll probably just drag a sled and fish in Arctic Armors or take my smaller house.

I have a lodge and love it as an oversized 2 man. Plenty of room for 4 holes (1 each for the deadstick/bobber, and the other for jigging). Don't have a sled or 4 wheeler, so it gets to be a lot to haul if you are alone(unless on bare ice). So I picked up a 1 man (Clam Pro) and works awesome when I am by myself.

Like the look of the new Otter portables. For me there is not enough justification to spend the $$ to upgrading at this time.

I've had three Lodges over the past several years, as they have had some great improvements I liked. My first Lodge was a tad smaller in size, then the square tubing, bench seat, trim lock shelter attachments, etc..

Now I'm really curious about the newer model Ice Camo design and features offered. Maybe I'll consider a Cottage for those solo trips..

I've put countless miles on my Otters behind snowmobile and ATV, and they've never let me down. The most durable, efficient and comfortable portable I've used. They tow like no other across the roughest terrain (like LOW).

Geez, now I have ice fishing on my brain.. eek

I like my ranger XL but lookin for a new porty this year something with thermal lining. I would like to stay with frabill I like the dark insidein them. My XL fishes two guys easily and three tight but it can be done. by myself its a mansion.

Saw the team wild packages on sale last year. They seemed like a great package for the price. One thing I noticed on a floor model, is if you sat with the seat too close to the front of the sled the whole shack would tilt forward if no one was sitting in the back seat.

Not a real big deal, just an observation.