Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Fullmoon

Adk trip?

Anyone up for a trip up north to fish a semi-remote pond or lake? Been talking with DEC Watertown and got some good info. Many have carry trails so my 14' canoe is a good way to go. She's light, 69#, flat bottomed, wide, foam filled and squared transom(plan on buying a cart). Got a good trolling motor and a sonar(does a decent job). She's stable enough for two standing and fishing and paddles pretty easily. I found a couple truly remote ones too, but you aren't getting a canoe in there without a lot of work! How about an UNFISHED lake 5 miles in on a "bushwack trail? DEC says they fished it in '06 and it's loaded with good to big brook trout. Gonna have to scope that one out first. I'd hate to try that walk with just a head lamp and spook a bear, rattler or fall on my head! So, who's up for a little ride?

Sounds like a good trip Ray...I spend a lot of time in the 'Daks and have always wanted to get into a remote Trout spot that way. I have done a lot of hiking up that way and it can be real tough on the weak. If you can get me some more info...I can see what I can come up with as well. Do you have access to a kayak? I have a nice one that needs such a trip. The possibilities are endless up in the ADK's.

Oh, BTW, I wouldn't worry too much about the Black Bears up there...they are pretty passive.

You still pack heat anyway Ray...what I would be worried about is you shooting me in the foot laugh

Let's look into it...I would request that DC's company would be a must!!!!

No Kayak but a sweet canoe. Might be able to borrow one though. I'll be in touch and we'll work on this. Sounds good to me. Bears don't worry me any. Hunters on the other hand.... Come on, I never shot anyone who didn't deserve it! lol No body, no crime. lol

I have never spent any time in the Daks. Was there once when I was 13 for an overnighter and thats it. Next week is family vacation in canada which may include a jaunt through the area...

Would love to explore, hike, and fish, ect. Not sure if its in the cards for this year but maybe. "Make it happen, you must" said Yoda. cool