• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Porta-bote

Anyone own or use one of these? In NYS, many of the more remote-remote lakes and ponds are too hard to acess easily by canoe and only one person. A Kayak is an option, but my thought here was, even the 14ft. could be rolled in on the carrier or dragged in folded up, say on a kids sled. Additionally, it affords the option of partners, bigger waters, etc. Pricey, but easy to store and transport. Pretty unique. I love my (14ft) Meyer's Sportspal but I have back and neck injuries so I'm looking for an easier way when alone. Thanks in advance.

thanks! seems like a great addition for me. got a great canoe, looking a float tubes and this guy for remote spots that require something bigger. I run a fishing and hunting shop so they're willing to talk wholesale. THAT helps!! Wee'll see. Any tube suggestions and or warnings?

At the MN State Fair this year there was one on display. I forget which Bazaar location it was. But the salesguy or representative wasnt there.

I took a long look at the boat and expected it all over. It seems to be made of similiar material or same material as the Tote n Boat Canoe products by Tuck Tech.

It seem sturdy and the bottom hull wasnt flat. I found some brochures and waited around for the Rep to come back so I could talk to him about it. After about 5 minutes of waiting I left.

I took some brochures. There is no listing of pricing anywhere as though it seems their so secret about it or secret about the pricing but I am estimating the pricing to be around $1500 or so I think as I remember seeing a price somewhere online.

All in all it look like it would take a little time to assemble and the length of the boards is fairly quite long. And hauling around any small outboard motor in the back of your car/truck trunk would be a hassle. A stronger trolling motor would still be underpowered and the battery be drained after a couple of hours of frequent usage.

Quality wise its not too bad. Fairly good actually. I would've liked to actually tested it out but im leaning towards the idea that this is a pretty good product or boat.

My dad just sold his porta bote. We got it to bring along on our cruiser for little side trips. Didn't really use it that much, but it was a quality little boat. The dolly makes it easy to move around even with a little motor. Caught my biggest pike out of it!