• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Morson area resorts

Anyone have any recommendations for resorts in the Morson area? I have never fished LOW and would like to do a quick get-away trip somewhere. Probably be me, my dog, and one other person. Bringing my own boat, food, etc.

Go to www.morson.org and click on members for many resorts in the Morson area.

You have your choice of drive-to or boat-in, more than a dozen places.

Thdre's also a decent campground near Bergland, former provincial park now run by the first nations.

I like Buena Vista and Mylies - both on land/shore. They're nothing spectacular, but both are nice and will take care of you. Duck Bay is also a good choice and I think the Obabikon Bay Resort would be fun to stay at (no experience with them, but have the original owners back, which is good).

Thanks for the quick replies guys. Now, having never been there, am I going to get into some easy learning curve fishing? The reason I was looking here was that it looks like it is more protected from high winds than the American side, plus it isn't really all that far away. The resorts seem to be pretty reasonable as well.

Wild Thing, about that campsite, is it "safe" to stay there? Will I run into any issues of theft, etc?

Thanks for the quick replies guys. Now, having never been there, am I going to get into some easy learning curve fishing? The reason I was looking here was that it looks like it is more protected from high winds than the American side, plus it isn't really all that far away. The resorts seem to be pretty reasonable as well.

Wild Thing, about that campsite, is it "safe" to stay there? Will I run into any issues of theft, etc?

I'd stay at the resorts above because your protected to from wind a whole lot more. IF the wind is 10-20 out of the west in that bay the park is in . . . well, that's LOTW at it's finest.

If you're fishing in the next few weeks, I'd say the curve is small. For trolling bouncers on the reefs: medium - medium heavy baitcast rod and reel (ideally with "flippin" switch), I like Power Pro line, 1-1.5-2.0 oz bouncers, gold-silver-chartruese spinners, see above for bait. Bring a spinning rod for jigs and one medium baitcast rod for trolling cranks.

Have the resort highlight some reefs and enjoy!

Shorelunch is right, if you stay at the north end of Morson (at the end of Hwy. 621) or on an island you'll be much more likely to get out at any time....

Ohhh, I leave in 3 hours! I'm already landing the first fish!