• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Whats it worth?

Bassman55

My brother has recently bought a 1967 Larson 16' in fair condition with a Mercury 1000 (100 hp) that runs good. It also has a 36lb Minnkota trolling motor. He plans on using it this summer and then maybe selling it. He would just like to get a rough idea as to what he could ask for it. He originally got a steal and is going to try to make a profit after cleaning it up and getting everything working properly. I don't have any pics to post so nobody needs to ask. Any help would be grealty appriciated.

With that old of a boat it's all about who you can find to buy it - most people in the general public won't be that interested in purchasing it probably, so you would almost need to find a collector.

marine_man

I'm guessing the guy that got rid of it was the one that got the "steal". grin

Like marine_man said, it's tough to find a buyer for that boat. Believe it or not, you could probably pull the motor off and sell it for more that the whole package.

I agree with the other, probably not much. The motor is worth more I'm sure. I wouldn't try to sell in the fall, hard to get rid of them at a good price then. I would wait till early spring. If you fix it up real nice you could turn a profit, but I don't know what you paid for it. Plus what's you time and material worth?

You see a lot of boats like that on craigs list for cheap sometimes free or free with buying the trailer. Especially as it gets closer to winter. But if you find the right person in the spring or early summer you might be able to get something for it.

Dtro, good stuff, I was thinking that same thing...(the steal thing, not the motor thing)

MinnesotaMongo, "weahll, that woulda been pretty nice"

He plans on selling it in the spring or early summer and it is structurally good, just very dirty so materials will be cheap. I thought about just selling the motor too and we do have a place that the boat can just sit avter that so we will see what happens I guess. Thanks for your help.