• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jigs vs. T-Rigged worms

Craig Plummer

Please correct me if i'm wrong but when you peg a T-Rigged Power worm (or similar product) You would fish it similar to a bass jig with a series on hops, skips, and dragging the lure back correct?

If im correct in what type of situation would each bait excel? Im kind of under the impression that a T-rigged worm would work better during tough conditions due to the smaller profile.

Anyone care to elaborate?

Thank You as always,

CP

Cp- to an extent you are correct... they are fished somewhat the same way.. I would not fish them on the same rod or line however..

A texas rig is more weedless, a jig will be more prone to catch larger fish... I love fishing a jig, and probably fish it more than a texas rig.. but when in heavier cover I bust it out.

What deitz said pretty much

With the worm I cast into the weeds and pop/hop it around and when it sorta gets caught in a weed i like to shake it out. I've got many strikes off of that.