• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

rage heads

The company is doing everything in house this year so I don't think you'll see any more problems with the three blade. Last year they farmed the job out to someone else. This is according to our Rage rep. There also shouldn't be a shortage of 2 blades this year so should be no problems getting these broadheads.

I've used the 3 blade with no problems except fumbling with getting another band over the system. But for the ease of things I now us the two blade and like the 2" cutting diameter. One tip to consider is always keep an eye on those rubber bands and keep them moist or they will dry up and then the blades deploy.

mr

i used some no name brand that i got for a few dollar it was 3 blade. First ever shot at a deer 40 yards perfect hit made a hole bigger than a shotgun slug. one of the blades did break. I guess my point is practice with your brand and make a good shot.

i want to try these rage broadheads myself but dont see the need to spend 40 bucks when i can spend 5 with the same outcome?

The company is doing everything in house this year so I don't think you'll see any more problems with the three blade. Last year they farmed the job out to someone else. This is according to our Rage rep. There also shouldn't be a shortage of 2 blades this year so should be no problems getting these broadheads.
It seemed to me the shortage was always with the 3-blade...am I wrong? I've been using the 3's with no problems. Superior flight, too. How do the 2's fly in comparison?

I believe it was the two blade that was hard to get. The three blade was the one that had some issues.

Rage is a very good head. Right now they have a marketing plan that has just about taken over the expandable broadhead market. There are alot of expandables on the market that are just as good. Wasp, Grim Reaper, and Snyper to name a few.

Try them out and see how they fly. That's all you can do.

I'm sticking with fixed blade broadheads.

Expandables sometimes get used as a crutch in my opinion. You hear many guys say they can't get fixed blade heads to fly well for them so they use expandables. A properly tuned bow will shoot pretty much any head to the same point of impact as field points. There are always exceptions though.

Fixed vs. mechanicals what's better? Ford vs. Chevy Marcum vs. Vexilar. It's all personal preference.