• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Amsoil for Honda

buddha

Question

I have a Honda 4stroke(200), what would be the Amsoil of choice? Also, should the oil be changed every year with Amsoil as you would with normal oil?

Thanks for your help.

5 answers to this question

I believe I just answered in a personal e-mail, but for everyone else's benefit since frequently others want to know the same info:

For all the 4-stroke outboards AMSOIL now has 2 FC-W approved 4-stroke marine motor oils: 10W-40 and 10W-30.

I believe that the preferred viscosity for the Hondas is 10W-30 (as also most other outboards). Most inboards and in-out units prefer 10W-40.

Service Interval: AMSOIL recommends do not exceed once a year. For outboards the AMSOIL marine 4-stroke oils are not and extended service interval - use the OEM longest recommended interval. For inboards you can use double the OEM intervals.

I run 50hp. hondas at my resorts and our dealer started out with 10w-30 in all of them, but a few were burning oil?, so they switched a couple them to 15w-40 and it seems to have fixed the problem.