• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

what do people look for in a tournament?

Last years weigh in, entry fee, pay out, how many boats and any pos/neg feedback. Most tournaments have pretty much the same rules so that dosen't really factor in. I'd say last years weigh in and my experience on that body of water are the top two.

Things I like to see in tournaments are.Reasonable entry fees,a decent field of boats 50 is usually a good start,A body of water that can withstand tournament pressure,A good rules meeting before the event, Boat checks before launch,A random draw for takeoff.These are a few of the things I look for in tourneys.Smaller tournaments are fun and not so serious,but when you start getting pots of a grand or more you want things run fair and smooth.One thing Id like to see in some of these tournament trails is to mix their tournament sites up a little more,It seems they return to the same sites same time every year.

Past History, good body of water, good pay out potential, reasonable entry fee and I like the 2 day events. This is when Im in a serious mode.

When Im just fishing for "Funzies" and not to serious Ill fish just about any contest/tourney that doesnt have a track record of killing fish.