• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Good, and The Bad....

Neighbor_guy

Well, we all did it, we all picked up different "magic" baits that were going to be the next big thing this season. What has worked well for you? What has been a flop? Anything make it into your everyday rotation? Anything been so disapointing you will likely never use it?

I'll go first....

Soft plastic buzz baits... Very good, a go to bait for me this year. Especialy in the eavning times. 4 out of 5.

Swim Baits... Both the hollow body, and the sunfish style... Not so good. I go to them, I try them in different situations that I think they should produce and they dont. Bass feeding on sunfish seam to ignore sunfish swimm baits, I have had some sucess with hollow bodies, but it was not at all the magic bait is was sold as. In all I would rate them a 1 out of 5. JUNK

So what da ya got?

Lets hear 'em.

I am very resistant to change. Deitz's dropshot clinic on Saturday may have convinced me I need to try it. It took me a couple years to buy into stickbaits. It might have even been Deitz that gave me a couple pack of Comidas and convinced me to try them.

For me this year, small baits have been the revolution bait for me. 4" Mr. Twister Finesse worms, skinny little fluke-style baits and minnow imitators, 3" stick baits - for me that's where things have been happening.

I have always been a guy that has thrown bulky baits, and that just has not been the ticket for me this year. Maybe it will be later in the year, but it is definitely not now.

I'm not sure what Deitz is thinking. I think he competes more against you than with you Ray. With your style of fishing, adding the DS to your arsenal is just a perfect fit. If you get it down, then you might whoop up on us some more! smile

I'll go first....

Soft plastic buzz baits... Very good, a go to bait for me this year. Especialy in the eavning times. 4 out of 5.

I guess I'm out of the loop. Are you referring to the Strike King Rage stuff? Any special styles or colors?

Thanks for the info about soft swimbaits. I have heard that before so I will hold off.

For me... I have really been liking a 1/4 oz black/blue swim jig for sparse reeds.

Chuck

soft plastics for me this year. strike king is my brand of choice. bleeding salted tubes 5 or 5, then freak baits 4 of 5, worms 2 of 5. also buzz bait is a classic go to that i use but seems slower this year and first year trying a chatter bait which i would give a 2 of 5. bleeding salted tubes have yet to let me go home skunked no matter what the conditions were.

WOW, 335 people looking for some free information with nothing to add.... Imagine that.....

For those who replied, thanks. Sometimes it is nice to see what others are having success with. While also finding out if you should give up on a bait that others are also struggling with.

Haven't gotten out much this summer, but most of the fish have come on green (4") or pumpkin (5") senkos. Of course, that's what I fish the majority of the time.

I wish I could get more fish on other stuff as I haven't gotten many big ones on stick baits and I'd like to have another "go to" presentation.

I always try to throw some cranks when ever I go out, but haven't picked up a fish yet this summer on them. I've caught a few bass this summer on topwaters which has been fun. Got a few on baby spooks and buzz baits. Just bought some topwater frogs to pull through the slop.

So many baits, so little time...