• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

kicks choke tube

Anyone ever shoot a kicks choke tube? What did you think?

For those of you who are not familiar with this choke, its patternmasters main competitor. The duck commander shoots a kicks high flyer.

I know patternmaster makes a great choke tube but I really haven't heard a whole lot about kicks. As far as what the duck commander shoots here's my comment: He gets paid to endorse products! I'm sure it's a good tube but if you are basing your purchace on the fact that some tv hunter/personality is using it then their advertising program is apparently working. I'm not busting on you I'm just saying don't buy just because mr. X uses it on tv.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to do some research on kicks choke tubes. grin

how do you think the patternmaster choke tube came to be well known? Because some "mr. X" used it on tv and promoted it! If you dont know anything about a kicks choke tubes, then why reply? why would you say something like that, then follow it with a " Im not busting on you"? I have been hunting my whole life, and as a experienced professional western big game guide, I do alot of product reccommendations for clients and friends. At this point in my career/life I would hope I wouldnt purchase something or suggest someone to do so simply because some yoo-whoo on tv uses it. Hense the reason for my post. Its usually not a good idea to assume people are naive.

i bought a extended range kicks choke last spring and i like it alot. i have shot alot of clay piegons with it and live pigeons with it and it dusts them pretty good. and i never knew the duck commanders use kick's. a buddy of mine told me about it and how nice they were.

No need to get your panties in a bunch.

You asked a question that involved patternmaster, which I am familiar with so I replied.

If I thought you were naive I would have said "don't be so naive".

Maybe I mistook the tone of your question because it sounded like the duck commander using it was a major selling point. As a professional western big game guide I'm sure you've seen hunters come along with products that were touted by celeb hunters and wondered why they bought it. That's where I was coming from. I WASN'T BUSTING ON YOU!!!

Hence the reason for my reply.

I have had the kicks extended range, patternmaster extended,and also a Drake Killer for both my SBE2 and Xtrema.Patternmaster seemed picky on what shells you used. sucked if some others went on sale and they didnt pattern well. Then i went to the kicks. Very nice choke for the money. not at all picky as to what shell you are using either. Like others have stated it will smoke the clays and birds. I then did further looking into chokes. Found the Drake Killer. this choke is unbelievable. It is made specifically for your barrel. And when you get one you will know the difference right away. have had mine for one goose and one snow goose season and needless to say there are alot more birds in the freezer. Alot less cripples

I worked for a few big game wilderness area outfits years ago, but wasnt satisfied withe the lifestyle. Never tried a patternmaster on an elk or deer- how bout you?:) Hear they work well on coyotes!