Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kyle

kicks choke tube

12 posts in this topic

Anyone ever shoot a kicks choke tube? What did you think?

For those of you who are not familiar with this choke, its patternmasters main competitor. The duck commander shoots a kicks high flyer.

I know patternmaster makes a great choke tube but I really haven't heard a whole lot about kicks. As far as what the duck commander shoots here's my comment: He gets paid to endorse products! I'm sure it's a good tube but if you are basing your purchace on the fact that some tv hunter/personality is using it then their advertising program is apparently working. I'm not busting on you I'm just saying don't buy just because mr. X uses it on tv.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to do some research on kicks choke tubes. grin

how do you think the patternmaster choke tube came to be well known? Because some "mr. X" used it on tv and promoted it! If you dont know anything about a kicks choke tubes, then why reply? why would you say something like that, then follow it with a " Im not busting on you"? I have been hunting my whole life, and as a experienced professional western big game guide, I do alot of product reccommendations for clients and friends. At this point in my career/life I would hope I wouldnt purchase something or suggest someone to do so simply because some yoo-whoo on tv uses it. Hense the reason for my post. Its usually not a good idea to assume people are naive.

i bought a extended range kicks choke last spring and i like it alot. i have shot alot of clay piegons with it and live pigeons with it and it dusts them pretty good. and i never knew the duck commanders use kick's. a buddy of mine told me about it and how nice they were.

No need to get your panties in a bunch.

You asked a question that involved patternmaster, which I am familiar with so I replied.

If I thought you were naive I would have said "don't be so naive".

Maybe I mistook the tone of your question because it sounded like the duck commander using it was a major selling point. As a professional western big game guide I'm sure you've seen hunters come along with products that were touted by celeb hunters and wondered why they bought it. That's where I was coming from. I WASN'T BUSTING ON YOU!!!

Hence the reason for my reply.

Whatever man, Im not going to go back and forth on this. I simply want to know what people think of the kicks tubes.

Stretch,

Thanks for the info. Im thinking about getting the extended range one.

hey no problem. i have the extended range one and i like it. we shot trap last night and when you hit the clays they just turn to powder. you should like it alot.

I have had the kicks extended range, patternmaster extended,and also a Drake Killer for both my SBE2 and Xtrema.Patternmaster seemed picky on what shells you used. sucked if some others went on sale and they didnt pattern well. Then i went to the kicks. Very nice choke for the money. not at all picky as to what shell you are using either. Like others have stated it will smoke the clays and birds. I then did further looking into chokes. Found the Drake Killer. this choke is unbelievable. It is made specifically for your barrel. And when you get one you will know the difference right away. have had mine for one goose and one snow goose season and needless to say there are alot more birds in the freezer. Alot less cripples

if you're an experienced big game hunting guide...why are you living in St. Cloud MN??? and how does the patternmaster perform on elk and mule deer?

I worked for a few big game wilderness area outfits years ago, but wasnt satisfied withe the lifestyle. Never tried a patternmaster on an elk or deer- how bout you?:) Hear they work well on coyotes!

wouldn't know...the only coyote I've shot was last winter and that was with a .22

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Popular Now

• Actually, you just chose not to.

• I've had a Marcum camera for many years and have found it extremely educational.  When I take new anglers on the ice, they love watching the fish.  Never had the camera spook a fish.

I used a Marcum battery-powered panner to rotate the camera, and that helps identify my lure.  However, you also have to be pretty confidant with the depth of your jig, so that it will show up on the camera.

I've found the camera of limited value during the summer, because it's constantly moving up and down, and a little side to side.  Even if I can find my jig, it's not for long.  What I use the camera for during soft water season is to identify bottom structure and get a general idea what's down there.  

During hard water season, I use it primarily to see bites before they happen.  Not only do I know exactly what's near or looking at my jig, but I can see when they're actually going after it.  I have pulled the hook away from fish that were obviously too small, and also been able to set the hook on a bite before I could feel it.

I love my flasher, but I have out-fished buddies with my camera.

• $750 this week only or it gets winterized

• Yaggie takwes top honors this week beating our points leader by three points. Yaggie's team finished 1st, 6th, 7th, and 13th earning him 379 points for the week and his thrid weekly win of the year. 379 points is also yaggies top score of the year and the third highest score of all the teams for the year. Congrats on a great week Yaggie!

yaggie   379
      Fishin-Novice   376
      BlackLundPro   334
      Huckfin   329
      gregg52   309
      88fan   304
      fishing star   297
      Rip_Some_Lip   297
      SwivelDigger   292
      musky999   269
      juneau4   263
      mnwildman   263
      Jar Jar   261
      jwhjr   259
      cat-man   235
      Airjer   234
      Moose   149

Total Points

1     Fishin-Novice   7,929
      2     musky999   7,921
      3     gregg52   7,910
      4     Rip_Some_Lip   7,748
      5     jwhjr   7,698
      6     yaggie   7,575
      7     mnwildman   7,569
      8     88fan   7,504
      9     Huckfin   7,447
      10     Jar Jar   7,357
      11     BlackLundPro   7,348
      12     fishing star   7,341
      13     Airjer   7,298
      14     SwivelDigger   7,267
      15     cat-man   7,231
      16     juneau4   7,188
      17     Moose   6,622
    • Got my Helix 5. Now just need to get my sled out of storage and figure out where to mount it.

• Actually, you just chose not to.
    • I've had a Marcum camera for many years and have found it extremely educational.  When I take new anglers on the ice, they love watching the fish.  Never had the camera spook a fish.   I used a Marcum battery-powered panner to rotate the camera, and that helps identify my lure.  However, you also have to be pretty confidant with the depth of your jig, so that it will show up on the camera.   I've found the camera of limited value during the summer, because it's constantly moving up and down, and a little side to side.  Even if I can find my jig, it's not for long.  What I use the camera for during soft water season is to identify bottom structure and get a general idea what's down there.     During hard water season, I use it primarily to see bites before they happen.  Not only do I know exactly what's near or looking at my jig, but I can see when they're actually going after it.  I have pulled the hook away from fish that were obviously too small, and also been able to set the hook on a bite before I could feel it.   I love my flasher, but I have out-fished buddies with my camera.
    • $750 this week only or it gets winterized
    • Yaggie takwes top honors this week beating our points leader by three points. Yaggie's team finished 1st, 6th, 7th, and 13th earning him 379 points for the week and his thrid weekly win of the year. 379 points is also yaggies top score of the year and the third highest score of all the teams for the year. Congrats on a great week Yaggie! yaggie   379 Fishin-Novice   376 BlackLundPro   334 Huckfin   329 gregg52   309 88fan   304 fishing star   297 Rip_Some_Lip   297 SwivelDigger   292 musky999   269 juneau4   263 mnwildman   263 Jar Jar   261 jwhjr   259 cat-man   235 Airjer   234 Moose   149   Total Points 1     Fishin-Novice   7,929 2     musky999   7,921 3     gregg52   7,910 4     Rip_Some_Lip   7,748 5     jwhjr   7,698 6     yaggie   7,575 7     mnwildman   7,569 8     88fan   7,504 9     Huckfin   7,447 10     Jar Jar   7,357 11     BlackLundPro   7,348 12     fishing star   7,341 13     Airjer   7,298 14     SwivelDigger   7,267 15     cat-man   7,231 16     juneau4   7,188 17     Moose   6,622
    • Got my Helix 5. Now just need to get my sled out of storage and figure out where to mount it.
    • Now that's funny.  I chose not to answer a ignorant question that an elitist like yourself could care less the answer to.  The only reason you want an answer to that question is to spend the next week trying to find some ignorant reason he/she is a bad choice. #rentfree
    • But you couldn't articulate who your favorite Trump picks for justices were, or why.
    • Many of the resorts / cabins where I stay on weekend fishing outings do not have a fish cleaning house. I also do not like the smell of dead fish from the cleaning process in my home. My wheel house is a fishing shack only, non-sleeper, which I take off the ice each night. It has both A/C and propane heat so I usually plug it into an AC outlet at night.   I decided to build a retractable / drop-down fish cleaning table 17” x 48” up and out of the way while on the ice and a warm place to clean fish. I use clear news print between the my fish cleaning board and the table to eliminate the need to wash the table every time I use it. Functionally works well, still needs some finish touches, paint, stain, rust treatment. I can also see many uses for this table while on the Ice. Fish Cleaning Table.mp4
    • Big win for the team today. Not many folks thought they would go into Carolina and leave 3-0. If this offense can get their sh$t together this may be a fun year. Defense is the real deal.
  • Our Sponsors