• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's on everyone's wish list?

toughguy

We need to get this forum some more action. The dog days are getting to me.

This summer I purchased a H2O unit. I have an FL8 and I'm thinking it's time to upgrade to a Marcum too before the season begins. A quality jigging rod would be nice too. My arsenal is growing. What are you guys adding or thinking of buying this year. Are there any new toys coming out this year that are must haves? Check out hsolist or hsolist for some good deals this time of year.

bought a second shelter. picked up a fish trap scout to go along with my guide. My wife also picked me up another thorne bro's rod. it is my second one. love those things. will also get a new set of winter boots. spent last season with a thin pair of hunting boots and it sucked. will need to consider a cheap used flasher before my kids go with me again (they take mine). I think that is enough for one season.

Where does one volunteer? LOL Who knows who you will meet on here.

Anyway, my wish list consists of a life safety item. I will be picking up a set of Arctic Armor in the camo pattern. I would also like to pick up a Jason Mitchell ice rod, the Perch 26, but think that will wait most likely. And lord knows I will spend too much money that I don't have at Thorne Bros. I love that place, and my house is so close, I can not resist the temptation. See ya at the porty mod gtg.

Most importantly good safe ice for my 8x20 house. A dish for my wheelhoue. 10" bit for my Strikemaster electric auger. A Nils auger to replace my Lazer Mag express even though it is only 2 years old and works perfectly.

Overall I am mostly set for the great up and coming Ice fishing season. I just got a "deal" on a new Fish Trap Scout yesterday.

a "real" portable to replace my tacked together scrap wood contraption and a flasher. last season was my first season on the ice and I had very few $$ to spend. home built shack, hand auger and no flasher... crazy

one of them thermal x ice house would rock but, all in all I have what I need already. I got gift cards last year for x-mas and bought the best auger made strikemaster 224 its amazing!

i agree, 7 inches of good ice by dec 1 and a weee bit of snow. otherwise i have about everything out there as far as toys. my wife is good to me, even allows me the time to use it. then again she usually comes with.

After a couple seasons of really getting into ice fishing season I think I finally have most of what I need to be fairly content (at least until I go to the ice show).

I originally thought ice fishing just involved a cute little rod, hook, bucket and bait - was I wrong ... It's less expensive than open water, but man can all these must haves and gadgets add up.

Only key thing left on my list is a 4 wheeler or sled and something to haul it on. May be a few years before I get these, getting 3 kids in college this season will be a killer. But we will be empty nesters so that will be an interesting change.