Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scott M

Beijing Olympics 2008

36 posts in this topic

I wanted to watch the Canada-U.S. exhibition game the other day but missed it. Sounds like Canada's team is pretty weak and the U.S. is working out some kinks. They played stellar defense at times and coasted at other times.

Still, I'm looking forward to when the games count in a little over a week.

Smacked Turkey up and dumped Lithuania in the exhibition round. By next week they should be ready to rip! Russia and Australia on Sunday and Tuesday respectively, and then pool play begins August 10th.

I'm mildly optimistic with the win over Lithuania who is pretty decent in-spite of missing some of their key players!

Go USA!

Hopefully that was a WAKE-UP! call.

Struggling with back up players from AUS!??????

Go USA.

Caught the game this morning. Lots of good play in spurts, still disappointed in the number of open looks China got. That's how they hung around during the first 1.5 quarters of the game, cashing 3's. Inversely, USA has to knock their shots down. Redd didn't get in until the game was decided and 3 point shooting before that was spotty. The lanes were clogged with Chinese big men. China didn't get much guard play so they were just trying to stay afloat. The defense of USA was pretty good at times. Lots of shots pinned on the glass and resulting fast breaks. The press forced lots of easy dunks and lay ins too.

Say what you will about Kobe but I think LeBron is the best player on the court in the world.

I'll say this and you can take it to the bank: Basketball players are the best athletes in the world. If you had to pick one representative to run, swim, throw, lift, etc. in all of the summer olympic games, wouldn't you have money on LeBron, Kobe, or DWade? I sure as heck would.

They better take the gold. I watched a lil of of the game against China, but by that time they were up by 24.

LeBron vs Kobe? Good Q!

Took care of Angola this morning. Sounds like they kind of coasted and were looking ahead.

Rematch with Greece and then Spain in the next two games. They should have something to prove in beating those teams.

Took care of Angola this morning. Sounds like they kind of coasted and were looking ahead.

Rematch with Greece and then Spain in the next two games. They should have something to prove in beating those teams.

Anyone know what time the play Greece Thursday? I assume it is in the morning, but I can't find a schedule on it.

It sounds like Greece is a team of thugs.

7 a.m.! Good chance to work on their nickname, the Redeem team, by beating the team that kept them out of the Gold medal game four years ago.

Nice little win. Amazing what a little defense, teamwork, and motivation does for a bunch of pampered athletes, ehh?

I'm enjoying watching this little run. Should be a good game with Spain (10:15 a.m. tomorrow in case you're wondering). Germany to finish on Monday morning at 8 a.m. Then come Wednesday its time to kick some butt. Team USA secured the quarterfinals berth with yesterday's win over Greece.

The ReDeem Team looked good today!

Of course being undefeated in Pool play means nothing if we don't close the deal in the medal rounds.

Go USA!

i think its going to be pretty hard for the USA not to win the gold. if they play together like they have, and be selfish, its going to be hard for them to lose out.

Wednesday morning against Australia begins quarterfinals play. They played the US tough in the exhibition rounds. Should be a good game. The chemistry of the US team is way better now. I'd expect another blowout.

Quote:
I'd expect another blowout.

Team USA smoked the Germans yesterday 106-57. I don't expect much out of the Australians either. We'll see.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Popular Now

• 1 hour ago, blue_healer_guy said:

leech, it does sound like an odd concocktion.  but you gotta try it.  225 for 2 hrs, helps if u use thin bacon.

Man, I can see cream cheese but peanut butter? I may have to give it a go sometime, maybe the bacon will off set the oddness? :eek:  :)

Edited by leech~~
    • Sorry I missed that. The brown and blue wires are the Transmit TX and Receive Rx wires for connection via single cable to NMEA 0183 compatible devices. nmea 0183 is the protocol for compatible devices, computer, plotters, auto piolet, Radar, radio, etc. All of these devices including your GPS can be connected to a single cable. The brown and blue wires allows the sonar to communicate to other devices. Google nmea 0183 compatible devices for a raft of information on what this is.

My brother, a charter Capitan out of Cortez FL. uses these devices on his boat for off shore fishing up to 100 miles off shore. Nice to have to talk to other Capitan's ship to shore, radar, GPS and  to get back home without running into sunken islands.

• Trump stumped on terrorist quiz as he can't identify the leaders of ISIS and al-Qaeda – but Carly Fiorina shows she knows her Nasrallah from her al-Julani

• Radio host Hugh Hewitt asked Trump and Fiorina the same questions about terrorist leaders in separate taped interviews on Thursday
      • FIorina answered confidently and Trump seemed flummoxed, confusing 'Quds Forces' with 'Kurds forces'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3222467/Trump-stumped-terrorist-quiz-t-identify-leaders-ISIS-al-Qaeda-Carly-Fiorina-shows-knows-Nasrallah-al-

• 12 hours ago, delcecchi said:

He can't be as ignorant and inept as he has come across in TV interviews.  

I ask the same thing about the other 2 candidates, especially the one that is your favorite.

12 hours ago, delcecchi said:

That would have been a fine answer.   Unfortunately instead he sat there with his mouth hanging open (figuratively) and looked like a total dolt.   This is the second time he has handled something in an interview poorly.  I guess he feels he needs the exposure but unfortunately he is not especially good at the interview thing.   At the very least he needs to practice deflecting the question.  Perhaps the "nobody especially" but "I prefer to look to American leaders of the past like (Calvin Coolidge, Teddy Roosevelt, Thomas Jefferson, William Calhoun, whoever he wants)" 

He can't just sit there and and look stupid, which is what he did.    Maybe some role playing in preparation would have helped.   He can't be as ignorant and inept as he has come across in TV interviews.  

What do you care? I thought he was irrelevant anyway?

• Oh yeah.  I keep forgetting about all that modern computer stuff in cars.   So the computer would notice the tranny didn't shift all the way down as the car stopped?     There goes that theory.   

And why only after a couple hours of driving?   Some sort of overheating of the transmission fluid?  cooler plugged in the flush process?   

Here is a question for Carpmaster..... Is it different in the summer vrs winter?   Like you only have to drive 50 miles in summer and 200 in winter?  

You guys that actually know can feel free to ignore my suggestions if you don't want to waste time answering.  

• Man, I can see cream cheese but peanut butter? I may have to give it a go sometime, maybe the bacon will off set the oddness?  
    • Sorry I missed that. The brown and blue wires are the Transmit TX and Receive Rx wires for connection via single cable to NMEA 0183 compatible devices. nmea 0183 is the protocol for compatible devices, computer, plotters, auto piolet, Radar, radio, etc. All of these devices including your GPS can be connected to a single cable. The brown and blue wires allows the sonar to communicate to other devices. Google nmea 0183 compatible devices for a raft of information on what this is. My brother, a charter Capitan out of Cortez FL. uses these devices on his boat for off shore fishing up to 100 miles off shore. Nice to have to talk to other Capitan's ship to shore, radar, GPS and  to get back home without running into sunken islands.  
    • Trump stumped on terrorist quiz as he can't identify the leaders of ISIS and al-Qaeda – but Carly Fiorina shows she knows her Nasrallah from her al-Julani Radio host Hugh Hewitt asked Trump and Fiorina the same questions about terrorist leaders in separate taped interviews on Thursday FIorina answered confidently and Trump seemed flummoxed, confusing 'Quds Forces' with 'Kurds forces'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3222467/Trump-stumped-terrorist-quiz-t-identify-leaders-ISIS-al-Qaeda-Carly-Fiorina-shows-knows-Nasrallah-al-
    • I ask the same thing about the other 2 candidates, especially the one that is your favorite.   What do you care? I thought he was irrelevant anyway?  
    • Oh yeah.  I keep forgetting about all that modern computer stuff in cars.   So the computer would notice the tranny didn't shift all the way down as the car stopped?     There goes that theory.    And why only after a couple hours of driving?   Some sort of overheating of the transmission fluid?  cooler plugged in the flush process?    Here is a question for Carpmaster..... Is it different in the summer vrs winter?   Like you only have to drive 50 miles in summer and 200 in winter?   You guys that actually know can feel free to ignore my suggestions if you don't want to waste time answering.  
    • leech, it does sound like an odd concocktion.  but you gotta try it.  225 for 2 hrs, helps if u use thin bacon.
    • nw wisconee private marsh
    • Sorry, I thought the model was listed on the title of my question.  Anyway, Garmin 53dv EchoMap.  This one has downview, but is chirpless.  Seems like nice unit, tough.  Just wondered about those 2 wires.  Thanks.
    • should trigger a check engine light....
  • Our Sponsors