Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scott M

Beijing Olympics 2008

36 posts in this topic

I wanted to watch the Canada-U.S. exhibition game the other day but missed it. Sounds like Canada's team is pretty weak and the U.S. is working out some kinks. They played stellar defense at times and coasted at other times.

Still, I'm looking forward to when the games count in a little over a week.

USA is gonna take the Gold back! cool

Smacked Turkey up and dumped Lithuania in the exhibition round. By next week they should be ready to rip! Russia and Australia on Sunday and Tuesday respectively, and then pool play begins August 10th.

I'm mildly optimistic with the win over Lithuania who is pretty decent in-spite of missing some of their key players!

Go USA!

Hopefully that was a WAKE-UP! call.

Struggling with back up players from AUS!??????

Go USA.

Sunday morning at 9:30 I believe. I am excited to watch!

Caught the game this morning. Lots of good play in spurts, still disappointed in the number of open looks China got. That's how they hung around during the first 1.5 quarters of the game, cashing 3's. Inversely, USA has to knock their shots down. Redd didn't get in until the game was decided and 3 point shooting before that was spotty. The lanes were clogged with Chinese big men. China didn't get much guard play so they were just trying to stay afloat. The defense of USA was pretty good at times. Lots of shots pinned on the glass and resulting fast breaks. The press forced lots of easy dunks and lay ins too.

Say what you will about Kobe but I think LeBron is the best player on the court in the world.

I'll say this and you can take it to the bank: Basketball players are the best athletes in the world. If you had to pick one representative to run, swim, throw, lift, etc. in all of the summer olympic games, wouldn't you have money on LeBron, Kobe, or DWade? I sure as heck would.

They better take the gold. I watched a lil of of the game against China, but by that time they were up by 24.

LeBron vs Kobe? Good Q!

Took care of Angola this morning. Sounds like they kind of coasted and were looking ahead.

Rematch with Greece and then Spain in the next two games. They should have something to prove in beating those teams.

Took care of Angola this morning. Sounds like they kind of coasted and were looking ahead.

Rematch with Greece and then Spain in the next two games. They should have something to prove in beating those teams.

Anyone know what time the play Greece Thursday? I assume it is in the morning, but I can't find a schedule on it.

It sounds like Greece is a team of thugs.

7 a.m.! Good chance to work on their nickname, the Redeem team, by beating the team that kept them out of the Gold medal game four years ago.

Nice little win. Amazing what a little defense, teamwork, and motivation does for a bunch of pampered athletes, ehh?

I'm enjoying watching this little run. Should be a good game with Spain (10:15 a.m. tomorrow in case you're wondering). Germany to finish on Monday morning at 8 a.m. Then come Wednesday its time to kick some butt. Team USA secured the quarterfinals berth with yesterday's win over Greece.

The ReDeem Team looked good today!

Of course being undefeated in Pool play means nothing if we don't close the deal in the medal rounds.

Go USA!

i think its going to be pretty hard for the USA not to win the gold. if they play together like they have, and be selfish, its going to be hard for them to lose out.

It only takes one off night to lose everything which we know all to well can happen.

Wednesday morning against Australia begins quarterfinals play. They played the US tough in the exhibition rounds. Should be a good game. The chemistry of the US team is way better now. I'd expect another blowout.

Quote:
I'd expect another blowout.

Team USA smoked the Germans yesterday 106-57. I don't expect much out of the Australians either. We'll see.