• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Beijing Olympics 2008

Scott M

I wanted to watch the Canada-U.S. exhibition game the other day but missed it. Sounds like Canada's team is pretty weak and the U.S. is working out some kinks. They played stellar defense at times and coasted at other times.

Still, I'm looking forward to when the games count in a little over a week.

Smacked Turkey up and dumped Lithuania in the exhibition round. By next week they should be ready to rip! Russia and Australia on Sunday and Tuesday respectively, and then pool play begins August 10th.

Caught the game this morning. Lots of good play in spurts, still disappointed in the number of open looks China got. That's how they hung around during the first 1.5 quarters of the game, cashing 3's. Inversely, USA has to knock their shots down. Redd didn't get in until the game was decided and 3 point shooting before that was spotty. The lanes were clogged with Chinese big men. China didn't get much guard play so they were just trying to stay afloat. The defense of USA was pretty good at times. Lots of shots pinned on the glass and resulting fast breaks. The press forced lots of easy dunks and lay ins too.

Say what you will about Kobe but I think LeBron is the best player on the court in the world.

I'll say this and you can take it to the bank: Basketball players are the best athletes in the world. If you had to pick one representative to run, swim, throw, lift, etc. in all of the summer olympic games, wouldn't you have money on LeBron, Kobe, or DWade? I sure as heck would.

Took care of Angola this morning. Sounds like they kind of coasted and were looking ahead.

Rematch with Greece and then Spain in the next two games. They should have something to prove in beating those teams.

Took care of Angola this morning. Sounds like they kind of coasted and were looking ahead.

Rematch with Greece and then Spain in the next two games. They should have something to prove in beating those teams.

Anyone know what time the play Greece Thursday? I assume it is in the morning, but I can't find a schedule on it.

It sounds like Greece is a team of thugs.

Nice little win. Amazing what a little defense, teamwork, and motivation does for a bunch of pampered athletes, ehh?

I'm enjoying watching this little run. Should be a good game with Spain (10:15 a.m. tomorrow in case you're wondering). Germany to finish on Monday morning at 8 a.m. Then come Wednesday its time to kick some butt. Team USA secured the quarterfinals berth with yesterday's win over Greece.

Wednesday morning against Australia begins quarterfinals play. They played the US tough in the exhibition rounds. Should be a good game. The chemistry of the US team is way better now. I'd expect another blowout.