• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance x102 Problem...Won't Shut Off

Tuds75

Question

I just recently had a problem with my Lowrance x102c. The problem is that the head unit will not shut off when the power (pwr) is pushed also as soon as I connect the power cables to head unit it will turn on by itself with out the pressing of the power button.

Once on the screen the screen gives a reading, but its likes blinks/flashes from lighted to non lighted. Also there are some black bars that flash on the screen. I have used this unit for the last 2 1/2 years and never had a problem and I store the head unit inside when not using the boat on a daily basis.

I have tried hooking the x102c head unit up to my bow battery using a different transducer, battery, and power cord and the problem still exist.

Anybody ever experience anything like this? Also are they any businesses that I could take this to get it checked?

Thanks In Advance,

Nick

9 answers to this question

Thanks for the reply. I was just wondering does Lowrance charge to fix it or do I just have to pay to ship it to them and back? Also are there any local establishments that could do the work?

As far as I know, there's no one other than Lowrance that can fix it.

If you're out of warranty, they will probably charge you to fix it. Although since it's a problem they've had before it's possible you can get them to fix it for free ..... but not likely, especially if it's your first problem with that particular unit.

The Lowrance HSOforum should have some good info about how to send things in for repair, etc. When I sent in my 332 I went on-line to get a return authorization, never even used the phone. I was without my 332 for 8 days.

Thanks for all the feedback. I actually hooked the unit to a battery in my garage and it was back to working normal (knock on wood). I have not put it on my boat yet, but the problems shows up this weekend I will definitely contact the people mentioned in this thread.

I am thinking that when the problem first happened it was raining pretty hard out and some water or moisture might have seeped into the head unit or the power connect and caused the problem.

Thanks Again

I had the exact same thing happen to my 102c except it made a terrible high-pitched shrieking sound. It would bounce from screen to screen. I had already had my unit repaired once. I called Linda Colt w/ the number from this HSOforum. Three days later I had a replacement 510c or whatever this year's model is. I was ready to look at other brands. Her service should have been good, and it was. Good luck Sam

I had the exact same thing happen to my 102c except it made a terrible high-pitched shrieking sound. It would bounce from screen to screen.

I hooked my x102c to my boat this weekend and sure enough the problem came back, but then I took the boat out with the x102c on because it still gave me a depth and reading, it just wouldn't shut-off and the screen's lighting was haywire. Well long story longer after about 10 minutes on the lake the screen was back to normal again and worked fine, but then the problem came back the next day only to improve once I ran the boat for a while. It was a bit of a hassle, but not as big a hassle not having a working depth finder.

What do you mean it bounces from screen to screen? My is the normal screen/reading you get once you turn it on, its just the lighting on screen bounces from light to dark to really dark. It doesn't make the high pitch shriek you mentioned.

Also check another thread in topic about a Lowrance 332c that is having a similar problem.

Good Luck and keep us posted,

Nick

Same trouble here but with the beeping. Mine is out of warranty so took it apart with a T7 torx screwdriver(Sears) and reseated all the connectors,especially the ribbon cable coming from the keypad. Put back together and worked fine for 8 hours straight with no trouble.Fingers crossed..the different screens flashing on mine was the locator going thru the different brightness settings...