• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Parrish Gone?!?!

inthecattails

It's reported the Wild have placed Mark Parrish on waivers and he will be bought out if not picked up by another club. I was glad when we signed him. He just flat out hasn't performed for the Wild. I know he's in Lemaire's dog house but funny how he was suppose to be that threat in front of the net and never materialized. Guess we have Bruno to fill that role now. Best of luck to him but we have some kids eager to fill in.

I don't get it...Parrish played 66 games, 16 G, 14 A = 30 Pts in 07/08

76 games, 19 G, 20 A = 39 Pts in 06/07

Boogaard played 147 games (career) with 2 G, 5 A = 7 Pts. And he's still here? crazy

As far as I'm concerned they cut the wrong guy!

See Biff Tannens post, he couldn't of said it better.

Parrish and Boogyman play 2 different roles for this team.

Parrish was brought in to score goals and cause havoc in front of the net and he didnt do either of them like they thought he would.

Boogyman is here cuz he creates penalties (also takes them) and protect our skill players.

I don't get it...Parrish played 66 games, 16 G, 14 A = 30 Pts in 07/08

76 games, 19 G, 20 A = 39 Pts in 06/07

Boogaard played 147 games (career) with 2 G, 5 A = 7 Pts. And he's still here? crazy

As far as I'm concerned they cut the wrong guy!

Two different players with two different rolls!!! Parrish was suppose to be our guy in front of the net, scoring goals and being a factor on the power play. Boogard is our enforcer, protects our skilled players and keeping the other teams honest

We seen what happened to our skill players when Boogie was out last year with the back injury. Players were taking runs at Gabby and Butch and no one to step up and make them pay for it. Fedoruk did a nice job but he's now gone so they have to keep the big guy around. He was just as productive in front of the net as Parrish was late last year. Giant road block!! We still have the fiesty red head. grin

I get that MP was to be out front and get 'garbage' but, when the points are not getting it on net it's pretty tough to get a rebound or deflection.

Boogaard is also to be out front (non-PP) but, that's tough when you're not even suited up 60% of the games.

It's done and nothing we do/say will change that.

Let's just hope they find sombody more effective and can stay on JL's good side.

I think they already addressed that issue. They brought Bruno back which they admitted to be a mistake in not resigning him. He'll be the guy in front of the net with the quick hands. See what some of our young guys will bring to the table...no doubt the Wild are banking on them to step up.

I think like most people I liked the move when he first came here. In the age of the salary cap it's hard to spend 2+mil on a guy and make him a healthy scratch.

Being a former SCSU grad I hope he catches on somewhere and becomes another 20+ goals/year scorer.

I am a little biased on this as Mark is a friend of mine......He never got a fair shake under Lemaire.....He was never with a line that could throw the puck to the net let alone give him the oppertunity to deflect shots......Mark still has a few good years in him and he will sign with another team and do a solid job......I am not a big hockey fan and I know the history of Jaques Lemaire but the last two years I have come to the conclusion that this game and time has passed him by......He favors foriegn players and is stuck in his olden ways......I think the Parrish move is good for both the Wild and Mark but I hope it comes back to the Wild and they regret this move!!!!

There is just no doubt that Jacque not like American players - eh?

Double the dislike if you are Minnesotan...

Parrish is a great guy that is very good with the young fans ... Mitchel was another ...

Been a few coaches in this city who have lost jobs because they cannot coach out of the 1st round in the play-offs...

Although Jacque is a difficult coach to play for in some regards it's LUDICROUS to suggest he favors non American players over Americans and the Minnesota angle is laughable at best! He and the organization base there decisions on who they believe is a better player for the system.

If anything they may have made the mistake of bringing in a home town boy for whatever reasons, marketing, good guy, obviously it was a mistake.

PierBridge laughable eh? Let's look at the stats:

About 150 - 160 Americans in the NHL today, breakdown to an average of 5 per team. Hurricanes and Devils lead the league with 9 Americans each. Stanley Cup champs (RedWings) have 5 Americans on the roster.

Based on where you look the Current WILD roster has ZERO Americans currently listed or one if Eric Reitz really plays.

Wild web site roster:

13 Canada

3 Finland

2 Chechs

1 Slovakia

1 Sweden

1 Ireland (UK) Nolan

1 American (who does not suit up)

Minnesota Wild First Round Draft Picks

First-round draft picks

2000: Marian Gaborik (3rd overall)

2001: Mikko Koivu (6th overall)

2002: Pierre-Marc Bouchard (8th overall)

2003: Brent Burns (20th overall)

2004: A.J. Thelen (12th overall)

Only American drafted 1st by WILD - HE was NEVER SIGNED!!!

2005: Benoît Pouliot (4th overall)

2006: James Sheppard (9th overall)

2007: Colton Gillies (16th overall)

2008: Tyler Cuma (23rd overall)

thanks for the facts....i knew there was some info backing this as it is something i have heard and I know i read some interesting stats on Jaques against american born hockey players...........even when he coached the Devils

I'm well versed on the conspiracy theorist on the other Hockey forums!..... grin

I understand your frustration with Mark not panning out Hockey wise for us and not being able to earn the INSANE contract we gave him! I'll even concede it maybe wasn't all his fault maybe it was JL's system. We all like to root for the home town boy and the American players but it boils down to getting the best players on the ICE.

It is a fine line with marketing and FEEL good stories Like Parrish that the teams organizations have to deal with, on one hand you have the non-Hockey people who's job it is to get people interested and in the stands to spend monies and on the other Hand you have the Coaches the people who have played and actually understand Hockey who's job it is to WIN game's!

I'm sure JL has expressed his point on this to upper management. grin

Let's face it Canadians and Foreigners are much more likely to be drafted more often and higher then Americans for a reason, on average they are WAY better

Those poor American Hockey players they should file a LAWSUIT against JL and the Wild!

Like our front office or not to think Lemaire or any Coach, organization would make a player decision based on what country a player is from is INSANE

Guess we'll have to Agree to disagree on this one!..... grin

JL is going to put the best players on the ice regardless of where they're from (although Skoula must have had something on him for all the playing time he got... grin)

Yep that check was pretty tough eh?

Yes the Mitchell - Skoula trade was great ... ????

Let's face it many Americans are often drafted in the 1st round - just not by the Wild. As good as Burns, Bouchard, and Gabby are I would suspect you could find Americans drafted behind them in the same year with better NHL stats.

Minnesotans are hoisting the cup on an annual basis, just not with the WILD.

Yep the Redwings and Penns were really hurt with those Americans on the roster whistle

Erik Reitz -- He spent the entire 2007-08 season in Houston before joining the Wild for the Stanley Cup Playoffs. The Wild were so thrilled with Reitz's play that they rewarded their sixth-round pick from 2000 -- who just finished his sixth campaign in Houston -- with a one-way contract for next season. Reitz, who's 6-1 and 215 pounds, had 34 points and 99 penalty minutes in 49 games for the Aeros.

He is our one American. Detroit, MI born - but played Junior Hockey in Ontario.