Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishin58

Last time??

73 posts in this topic

An American went to Berlin and 200,000 people showed up to listen and wave American flags in support.

Lord Obama gave a speech to a foreign audience on how bad Americans are.

Chalk it as another accomplishment.

He's achieved Rock Star status.

Right up there with madonna and sting !

An American went to Berlin and 200,000 people showed up to listen and wave American flags in support.

Too bad he isn't running for President of Germany

Originally Posted By: fishin58

You owe me a keyboard.............Bawwwwwwwwhahahahhahhahaaaaa

Originally Posted By: Jaydebull
Originally Posted By: fishin58

You owe me a keyboard.............Bawwwwwwwwhahahahhahhahaaaaa

You owe me a monitor, I just blew soda all over it. Was his "anit-American" wife with him by chance? mad

Don't forget there was a free concert before he spoke. It was probably David Hasselhoff. I hear he's popular there. laugh

He thinks he's JFK. Actually I think he was supposed to meet with wounded vets at a military hospital.

Showing his foreign relation skills would be my guess, he seems to have accomplished more in 2 weeks than Bushy did in 8.

Showing his foreign relation skills would be my guess, he seems to have accomplished more in 2 weeks than Bushy did in 8.

And just what exactly has Obama accomplisted over there?

Doing an impressive job of gaining respect and building relationships that where ruined by Bush and his administration

Can anyone answer me on who the heck cares!!!! Why do we care so much what another country thinks? I know he was in Germany (I'm German heritage) but seriously if the German dude runnning for whatever they run for came here, I could give two rats behinds what that guy had to say.

If this is what you base your vote on, the go for it. I'm sure Germany, France and all the other cowards out there will back us up like they did the last time we were attacked...... Oh wait, they didn't show!!!

I don't get why he would be campaigning Germany either. Diplomatic relations my behind, he's out there trying to play big shot!! He would be much better of dealing with the matters at hand here instead of trying to play the big wig over seas, we have plenty here he could be taking care of. I am not impressed!

If we have such a lousy look to the rest of the world, why are we still seeing immigrants? You would think people would be leaving instead of coming in confused

Exactly Upnorth. I don't care as much about those relations as I do about the economy, high gas prices and about a million other things on the home front.

I think it is somewhat important to have a good image in the world. I've always looked at the US as the beacon of justice and true freedom in the world and a lot of people did too. I still believe it, but recently it's very hard to explain the actions of our government. We can't afford to be isolationist, and say forget what other say. This country was not only built by people who worked hard that was already here, but also by people of many great talent that came overseas believing the core values of the US. The postive image of the US not only gave us a huge talent reserve which we drew from and continues to draw from but also deprived our enemies of talent( ex. Soviet Union). To continue our dominace and futhur our interest in the world the US needs to not only draw people here for monetary gains but also make them American. I have an essay worth of other things to say on this but to make one final point thats less abstract and more current and urgent: We need a united front of idealogies to fight an idealogy. We can't do it alone.

I am not advocating isolationism, but we need to take of our issues here before we go out and try to lead the world. If we are a mess, how are we supposed to be a world leader?

Sandmann is right we need to get our ducks in a row before we go strutting around world trying play up foreign relations.

Presumptive Democrat presidential nominee Barack Obama has cancelled plans to visit two U.S. military bases while in Germany, this despite having all kinds of time to speak to gushing Berliners as well as getting in a workout at the Ritz Carlton.

One of the bases, The Landstuhl Regional Medical Center, "is an overseas military hospital operated by the U.S. Army and the Department of Defense...[that] serves as the nearest treatment center for wounded soldiers coming from Iraq and Afghanistan."

Four hours later after saying he couldn't make time for the injured troops:

Obama seems to like the German capital. He is to stay longer on Friday than he had originally planned, delaying his departure for Paris by two hours to just after noon. According to his team, however, these plans can change at any time.

Yeah, helluva nice guy.

Limit, I believe you and have seen him doing junk like this before. Can you post your source, I know you are going to get bashed by this so might as well address it up front.

I'm sure he'll make time for the Frenchies too before visiting insured troops. Yep, he's got his head on right for sure.....or should I say left.

Do a google search for "gushing Berliners" and you will get several pages of sites that are publishing it.

Yeah, I'm not posting a source as it can be found anywhere as upnorth said, plus I already shut down that tab so I'd have to look for it again. And, for crying out loud I'm not just making this stuff up so it gets really old having to prove it every time.

it gets really old having to prove it every time.

It's customary to credit the source you're referencing so folks can read the entire publication as opposed to just a snip. Maybe next time you can just say: I got this from the blah blah HSOforum. That should cut out the questions as to where it came from.