• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bonds in Blue

fishin58

We would have to give up the farm for him while Barry you don't give up nothing. Plus Dunn K's to much. Wasn't Barry's OBP. last year like .480. Gets on base almost half the time...I'd take him I guess.

UMMM no Sled none of the above!

Let's just say it's a bit of a CHARACTER issue that you may not understand.

Guess some teams are concerned about character, some teams are concerned about winning championships.

Let me get this straight he's 43 years old hasn't played baseball in 10 month's and you guy's want to bring this CLOWN and all of his EGO/BAGGAGE in with less then half season to go?

Throw in the fact he's a 270 hitter the last 2 years he has played I find this OUTRAGEOUS!

There is a reason he hasn't been signed by ANYBODY and it should not have to be explained!

His career is OVER!

I agree with Pier, we don't need or want Bonds, he isn't a quick fix or the Yankee's would have picked him up..... were a half game out of first in what everyone called a rebuilding year, the game is changing back to how it was, the long ball isn't the all important thing anymore. The Twins play the game how it should be, manufacture runs, get some good pitching, soild defense, and they have fun doing it. Bonds doesn't fit here or anywhere else.

Casilla on the dl.

everett coming up

we really dont need bonds now!

Everett has 72 hrs to decide to stay with the Twins or be released, he is not coming back up to the show.. Has been asked to stay in aaa ball or bail

Originally Posted By: SledNeck
Casilla on the dl.

everett coming up

Everett has 72 hrs to decide to stay with the Twins or be released, he is not coming back up to the show.. Has been asked to stay in aaa ball or bail

Originally Posted By: Bobby Bass
Originally Posted By: SledNeck
Casilla on the dl.

everett coming up

OH good, so then I guess we dont have to believe this then

Quote:
Adam Everett will be activated from the disabled list to replace Casilla. Everett's 20-day rehab assignment from a shoulder injury ended Tuesday, and the Twins originally asked the veteran shortstop if he would accept a demotion to Triple-A Rochester. With Casilla now out indefinitely, Everett will be kept on the big league club

whew, I was worried for a sec there

Casilla getting hurt is the reason Everett is coming back up, he was asked to stay at AAA but this all happen in a few hours, way before the 72 hr deadline. New news can be old news in just a minute.

Although Bonds is or at least was a good ball player, I don't think he would help the twins. In fact, I think he would hurt the twins because the team would more than likely become distracted by having him on the team. Do you realize how much press there would be on the twins organization? You would have to think this would distract all of the players. It would probably put Mauer and Morneau in a huge slump. They are the team leaders and if you bring in a big hot shot like Barry Bonds, how do you think these young players would react to this? The twins are playing good ball right now and they don't need that type of distraction. They say baseball is 90 percent mental.

I'd take Bonds in a heart beat. Whether you love him or hate him you can't agrue the facts. He has been one of the most productive players in MLB history. The guy has a stick and he would come cheap.