Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
echotrail

I 35 bridge opening - ironic possibility

4 posts in this topic

The other day the I-35W bridge topic came up and we realized IF John McCain were to name Gov. Tim Pawlenty as his running mate AND IF Gov. Pawlenty was accepted by the RNC he would have to immediately campaign 24/7 until election day. He would have to resign his office or take a leave of absence (If that's allowed) until after the presidential election. I know these are two big "IF'S" but in any event would it not make Lt. Gov. Carol Molneau (sp) the Gov. of Minnesota?

In her official position as the Gov. of Minnesota it would be too ironic if she, being fired from her position as the head of MNDOT as the result of the bridge colapse, were to be the state official dedicating the bridge opening a couple months from now. I'm sure there will be a number of politicians at the ceremony and there will be national news media coverage. Most certainly she would have a speech to make as the political leader for the State of Minnesota.

Maybe it will be true: What goes around, comes around.

Now now, that aint nothing to joke about thats a scary thought.

Besides, I think the McCain campaign is useing Pawlenty as a carrot. Dangling him in front of the undeciced's to keep them interested in McCain untill the verry last moment. Of course I'm prbibly wrong. I prefer to veiw it that way then veiw it as were going to get stuck with Molneau.

If T-Paw is McCain's running mate I promise you that the campaign wouldn't miss out on some great press like the bridge dedication. Even if he is out campaigning Pawlenty would be back for the dedication. Its just to good of a PR thing for it to be missed.

Politicans love photo opps at important construction projects. They like to be able to wear a hard hat.