• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ok, How the heck do I get these peanuts out??????

Hey, Can some one help me? I can't seem to get this heavy jar of peanuts open so I can feed my young. I guess the guy who owns this house wasn't thinking about my needs when he hung this heavy feeder next to his window and made the holes to hard to reach with my little paws. Darn Humans.

Canon XTI 100-400 IS USM. Handheld, no crop, out dining window. 120 mm, f5.7, -1 exposure, 1/180 sec, iso 400.

100896901.jpg

350mm; 1/125sec, F5.6, -1 exposure, Sutter Priority, No crop, No PP.

100896899.jpg

400mm, 1/125 sec, f5.6, -1, Shutter Priority

100896900.jpg

Well Honey, since you asked I can give you a few tips -

IMG_0466.jpg

First of all find a feeder where the humans are dumb enough to put the feeder near a railing and on a short hook - then you have two options for accessing the peanuts/seeds - jump from above or from the side -

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

Now, once you get comfy - be sure to fill up your cheeks as much as you can so that you make fewer trips - oh, thats right, you don't have my cheeks - oh well, maybe you just need to find the stupid humans (I already found mine!)

IMG_0476.jpg

All taken with the Canon 30D, remote in the right hand and Rolling Rock in the left hand! laugh

Hey Paul - they certainly are no where near the quality of yours, but the theme seemed to fit - I feel like we're feeding more squirrels, chipmunks and raccoons than birds - but when the tweeties can get it they are sure exciting to watch too.