• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Squeek in right front tire area

06 Chev 1500 ext cab 4x4 74,000 miles with a 5.3 . I noticed tonight that I have a squeek in the right front tire area and it makes the squeek when I'm going straight sometimes and almost always when I turn right. One time while going straight it growled just a bit for a few seconds but mostly a squeek.

I took the right front tire off and the brake pads are fine. I'm lost but figure maybe a cv joint or bearing or something.

Help

Depending on the squeak, but my guess is bearing, the growling may mean its broken, I wouldn't drive it too much before making sure. Its alot easier doing bearings before they weld themselves to shaft. Been there, done that. With those miles, thats my guess.

It does sound like you have a bad bearing, When you had the truck jacked up, any chance you shook the tire to look for loose parts? Also possible its just a rusty rotor, does the noise change while stepping on the brakes?

I would check for rust build up on the inside of the rotors also.

Is there a particular speed it starts at. Is it a constant squeak or a rhythmic squeak, squeak, squeak. I would also like to know if it stops when you hit the brakes.

No rust buildup at all. I noticed today it may be the 4 wheel drive. If its in auto, and I step on the gas, it growls or when its in 4 hi it does the same thing. In 2 wheel I don't hear much. Transfer case?

You probably don't have an Optimax motor, so you don't know about their $ 17/each spark plugs, over $ 100 to replace 6 plugs !!!!

No....My old "87" Evinrude costs me about $6 to change 3 plugs, I guess I do have some thing to be grateful for grin