• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kind of a dumb question.....

MM, you can simply go to drag-down menu and select "image" and then "image size" in ps and select 800 pixels on the longest side. Don't bother adjusting the resolution, because for posting online or transmitting to another computer resolution doesn't matter, pixel dimensions do.

In ps, make sure the "resample image" and "constrain size" boxes are checked before actually typing in the long-side pixel dimension.

Then use the "save for Web" feature in ps, selecting jpeg and 100 percent in the quality box. This strips exif and other unneeded data but preserves as much quality as possible.

As a side note, if you're sending digital images for review and ordering, unless you are very good friends with the recipient, you should put the copyright symbol, the year and your name across the digital image in large semi-transparent characters. They'll still be able to see the impact of the image but no one will want to steal them. By sizing to 800 pixels you get a good impact, but the watermark is protection from casual theft and online misuse.

Another method that I use is an external program for resizing. I prefer IrfanView, free download. You have a ton of control over the resizing options and I run a lot of batches such as 100 shots at a time for quick resize.

Worth taking a look at for free. Pretty much fool-proof to use as well. Perfect for a guy like me.