• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

i have a insurance question

mudslinger64

i was using my brother inlaws boat this weekend a lund tyee with a 135 merc on it.i launched it and made sure water was pumping and let it warm up for a few minutes before taking off.i took it easy for awhile then started to get it up on plane i didn't even get 1/2 mile out when it blew a rod threw the block so my question is what do you think his insurance will do about it?think it will cover it or will i have to start looking for a new motor for him cry oh and yes there was oil in the tank.i sure hope insurance will cover at least some of it i am pretty sure it has full coverage,he will be checking into it more tomorrow but this is really bothering me and am just curious to what we will be up against.thanks for any info......

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but in most cases they won't cover a "blown engine".

Unless you can prove that you hit something or sucked something into the intake, you are probably out of luck frown

I would agree with Darren that you will have a hard time getting anything from your insurance unless you really had a different type policy. The only way they might have covered it would have been from damage done by another by vandels or something else.

Tough deal for sure but I don't believe it is your fault. Rods just don't go like that.

I borrowed at 1850 sportfish with a 175 merc efi last year when we were really busy, on the second day it blew and I didn't get a dime from ins. It's only covered if you hit something. Needless to say the 3 days I needed it didn't pay for having to replace the motor.