• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bird Cam

icewoman

I know some may find this strange but next summer I would like to try and insert a camera into a bird house to either view and or better yet, view and record the goins on inside the bird house.

Looking for any advise on a start for a product search.

Ice women, I am not sure of the link or web adress but if you search for the "Fargo Perigan Falcons" you will find a link to their web cam and has some ideas on cams. Good Luck.

PS, Fargo, ND has had a nesting pair of Peragins' on top of the Bank of the West Building for years. One of the best sites to get a looksee is the top of Wells Fargo bank, unfortunatley not everyone can just walk up on the roof of a bank. I got a pretty dirty look from the guys there when I brought my camera bag with me when I did some Satellite Dish work for them. Othere wise you can see them from the Island Park Parking ramp.

icewoman, I'd suggest making a birdhouse that will work for the camera. Don't know what birds you're looking at, but a slightly oversize house will be best so there's still room for the camera, and I'd also suggest some sort of translucent top or one with a plexiglass insert to let in some light. The light coming in through the entrance hole may not be enough.

The folks at Nature Vision (AquaVu) once had a Bird camera mounted to a feeder. As Steve suggested, perhaps build the nest box around the camera. If you went the aqua-vu route, you would have IR option for low light condition. Might be able to find a salvageable one on hsolist or hsolist.