• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tent Shower

chucker34

Ok. I just recently discovered these at the store and have been seeing one or two here and there at campgrounds. Thinking about getting one but interested in what the general feeling is on these among campers on here. Per the RV dumping water post, do most campgrounds or campers want the shower water on the ground near the camp site, granted its a minimal amount in most cases? Is that a big deal to lots of people?

Not to start an argument. But what is the difference between one of those and someone emptying their grey water tanks?

Personally if it is away from the water and maybe off towards the woods, no big deal.

I think that's a legitimate point. We've thought of getting one because it would be easier to wash up our small children on site versus lugging them and everything down to the shower facilities. But not sure if its necessary.

Heck if I was in your shoes I would go for it. You aren't actually going pollute anything, more like have a spot that's kinda wet. I really could see it if you were literally on the lake shore, but back in the campground away from the water you aren't going to harm anything.

just bring camp suds or dr. bonners or aveda shampoo stuff that biodegrades if you have concerns...... if the shampoos are okay, they'll say so right on the bottle...... most aren't..... but it's up to you.....

the showers are pretty slick..... i recommend 'em