Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chucker34

Tent Shower

5 posts in this topic

Ok. I just recently discovered these at the store and have been seeing one or two here and there at campgrounds. Thinking about getting one but interested in what the general feeling is on these among campers on here. Per the RV dumping water post, do most campgrounds or campers want the shower water on the ground near the camp site, granted its a minimal amount in most cases? Is that a big deal to lots of people?

Not to start an argument. But what is the difference between one of those and someone emptying their grey water tanks?

Personally if it is away from the water and maybe off towards the woods, no big deal.

I think that's a legitimate point. We've thought of getting one because it would be easier to wash up our small children on site versus lugging them and everything down to the shower facilities. But not sure if its necessary.

Heck if I was in your shoes I would go for it. You aren't actually going pollute anything, more like have a spot that's kinda wet. I really could see it if you were literally on the lake shore, but back in the campground away from the water you aren't going to harm anything.

just bring camp suds or dr. bonners or aveda shampoo stuff that biodegrades if you have concerns...... if the shampoos are okay, they'll say so right on the bottle...... most aren't..... but it's up to you.....

the showers are pretty slick..... i recommend 'em

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Three favorites at the moment.  By the time they upload, I may change my mind.
    • A few from Maplewood State Park on April 16th.  Non-professional, but they stood still long enough for me to get 'em.
    • You might be able to figure things out this week.  How big is your sump basket?  Is the  pump kicking in now?  Sit there for 15 minutes and count the number of times it cycles.  That should give you a decent idea on how much water is coming in.  Then figure out about how high the water has to go before it flows by gravity.  The spec for the pump will say something like that it can pump 2,000 gph at 10 feet of lift.  (the gph drops dramatically the higher it has to pump the water).  The answer to your specifics will give you an idea of how big of a pump you need.  If you match the size of the pump as close as possible to the amount of water your will face you can maximize the amount of time the battery backup will last.   Faced with this problem I took a standard boat sump pump and modified it so I could hook up a garden hose.  The I took an old shop extension cord and wired the pump so I could hook it up to a car in the garage.  So just prior to having Noah float by I could hook things up in the garage and be good to go for as long as I had gas in the car to pump up the battery.   Now that I am adult I bought a generator and wired the house to take care of things.
    • Inevitably at least twice each season I will leave the house, drive 45 minutes and walk some of my favorite grouse spots for hours and hours, seeing nothing.  Admitting defeat on that day, I will drive 45 minutes back home, only to find a covey of birds in the driveway...
    • Colonel E.H. Taylor Small Batch Maker's Maker's 46 Bulleit Glenmorangie Highland Single Malt   Copperwing Distillery in St. Louis Park has a nice smooth whiskey. Supposed to introduce a new bourbon in a couple weeks too.
    • Hey featherslayer, you gonna register that nice bird of yours pretty soon?
    • cool find!  sure looks like a Swainson's.  
    • Great info.   Thanks Steve!   Jim
    • Came across this hawk on Earth Day at the edge of town. I've been told dark morph Red-tail, dark morph Swainson's and dark morph Broa- winged. Anyway, it's a dark morph some kind of hawk.
  • Our Sponsors