Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Hookmaster

Bleeding out a walleye

After you make the cut, how long does it take to bleed out? Can I let them bleed out in my livewell or is it better to put them head down in a bucket?

Well if you want your livewell full of blood sure....

I don't "bleed out" any fish I clean, usually 1 fillet has some blood on it and the other is clean, a good rinse in cold water and they both look the same.

I bleed em when I think of it. I like filleting them better if theyre bled. Considerable less mess.

When I bleed em, I do it in the livewell with rinse water, then into the cooler after about five minutes.

I prefer to bleed them. I cut the gills and then into ice water. Nothing like those perfectly white fillets when they are cleaned.

Most of the time I bleed them. Before heading in I slice the heart cavity and let them swim around in the livewell. When I get to shore I pull the plug and drain the water. I always hose out the livewell and have found no negative effect because of the blood. I don't know if it is better to bleed or not to bleed or if it affets taste but, the filets seem to be a brighter white.