• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stainless Steel Prop Vibration

Hookmaster

I have a 150 yamaha with both 3 and 4 blade ss props. The 4 blade vibrates much more at idle speed than the 3, which I atribute to it being heavier. The 4 blade is a Mercury REV 4. I know Mercury makes a hub kit spacifically designed to eliminate this rattle (Flo Torq IV). My boat is a 2007 that was previously owned. The previous oner used the Flo Torq IV hub kit with the REV 4 prop and said it completey eliminated the vibration. I do not know what brand motor and prop you have or if the Flo Torq IV would work for you or not.

But, the vibration is from a heavy prop.

Matt

I run a 3 blade SS on my 225 e-tec H.O., I tried a 4 blade and found alot more vibration as well as it being slower. Again it's the heavier prop, there is nothing when I started with the factory aluminum prop.