• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Doggy Doo Disposal

Ralph Wiggum

We're looking for some better ideas for getting rid of our dog's waste. Currently, we've just been scooping it into our big garbage can, but the smell is unbearble. Bagging each dump seems a bit wasteful when we're talking about 4-5 dumps a day.

I'm sure there are some great ideas out there. Let's here them!

I put one of those plastic bags you get when you buy grocries in a small metal can with a lid on it , use the scooper , drop it in. I store this out side. Wed. morning it goes in the garbage can,( pick-up is wed.)

That's an easy one. Teach your dog to go in the neighbors yard. Just kidding!!! I just got a new puppy three months ago with the promise from my children picking up the mess each day. Let's just say that worked for a week. I use a five gallon bucket with a plastic liner in it and every garbage day it is tossed. Keep the cover on it!!! Just a few of the wonderful responcibilities of a pet owner.

Bought one of the small metal cans with lid from FF. Use the black bags and change it every week when garbage comes. Not to bad. When it gets real hot out, it can be a little ripe the last day or two, but as long as the lid it on you don't notice it.

I did the bag in a bucket thing for one week and got tired of the smell too. Now I toss it in the woods behind our yard and told the kids to keep out of that area.

How often are you picking up the feces? If you're going ever 2 or 3 days, I'd just bag it, tie up the opening and toss it in the trash.

We're looking for some better ideas for getting rid of our dog's waste.

I'm sure there are some great ideas out there. Let's here them!

I put in a Doggie Dooley and it works great. It doesn't work in the winter but then your dog waste freezes and you don't have the smell anyway. In the winter I will just scoop and bag it and in the trash. In the summer, it goes in the Doggie Dooley. Here is a link:

[Note from Admin: Please read forum rules before posting again, Thanks]

This is a picture of it. It goes in the ground and it takes a little work but I've used mine all summer and have no complaints. Dog [PoorWordUsage] is always a pain and this seems to handle the problem during the warm summer months.

DoggieDooley.jpg

feed your dog really good food and you will lower the [PoorWordUsage] rate. My lab is down to twice a day

I do feed really good food. I'd hate to imagine how much he'd [PoorWordUsage] if not. 8+ cups of food a day has to go somewhere, though.