• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wastewaterguru upgrades......but at a cost (video added)

DTro

John finally stuck a big girl last night! It just took leaving his boat at home for once smile

I'll let him tell the whole story.

Fun time again, and I even got into the action a little bit.

Just one of those nights. After watching a 52 caught in my boat the night before, we went to the same spot again.......

Got one small one at about 9 and then missed a couple and then the action slowed and the baits quit bouncing the rods.....

So what do you do.......sit at the same spot or move.

We moved.

Went to spot #2 which we have fished several times this year with mixed results. With the lower water, we set up on it different then before and stayed a little deeper with our baits.

After a couple minutes I got smacked and missed the hookset, then missed another, then broke off on one, then got one in a snag and broke the swivel......

And then finally hooked into a nice one that was really working me in the current. I finally was getting him up on the surface and was trying to pull him the last foot or so to allow Darren to grab him......and then I got the [PoorWordUsage] scared out of me as a gunshot went off in my hands......snapped the 8 foot fiberglass rod.

Luckily the fish was tired and I was able to get it to the boat with what was left of my rod.

I think we ended with 4 fish on about 12 runs. Had some really bad luck with the hookup ratio or it could have been one of those 10 fish nights.

Looking forward to getting out again.

The funny thing is that it broke quite a ways down the pole, and here’s John fighting this fish with a little stub in his hands smile

BTW, you forgot to share how big it was……..

42x28.5 and 43 pounds!!

Very nice, John. You were due for an upgrade. It sounds like the big fish are on a feeding frenzy as of late. I will have to get out a couple times this week for sure. Tonight is family night at our house.

Hey,I think that puts you back into the green on KOTC. I think you and Drew have leapfrogged each other like 4 times now.

The funny thing is that it broke quite a ways down the pole, and here’s John fighting this fish with a little stub in his hands smile

42x28.5 and 43 pounds!!

42x28.5 and 43 pounds!!

Come on Darren where was this fish on friday night? JK I know there was talk of you making some money by keeping me off the fish.

That's alright Brent.....you fish with me on the 8th.

I think I could use the extra money to replace the rod I broke last night.

I might as well bring my crappie gear then laugh

Id trade any of my rods for a 43lber. Heck, my rods are only half as much as the gas it costs to drive to the river.

Congrats John

There does seem to be some correlation. 2 of my 4 biggest fish (at or over the 40lb mark)have resulted in a rod casualty, and when they fail completely. It is definitely a wake up call. (fire cracker/M80 in your face) confused

Way to go John, you definitely have put you time in for that fish. Too bad it had to take a rod out in the process. I don't know too many of us though that would complain if that happened to us.