Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
duckcall

Is it just me?

12 posts in this topic

Is it just me, or is it ironic that on this forum, it is o k if my side does it, but not if yours does?

Bill Clinton had numerous affairs and it is none of our business, but McCain had affairs years ago and now it matters.

There is a forum now about oil speculators and a proposed law to control them. One side praises it as, at least they are trying something, they are being proactive. Where was that attitude when one side wanted to try to privatize a small percentage of social security? Wasn't that trying to be proactive also.

There is now disscusion on the board about the second ammendment, and many seem to think that it isn't in danger and it isn't very important, while the fourth ammendment is in danger and it is important. Aren't they both equally important?

I am a pretty conservative person, but I have never voted a straight party ticket. I actually respected Paul Wellstone. I disagreed with him on most things, but I felt he was standing up for what he believed. I felt bad for his family when his funeral service turned in a political rally. The speakers forgot why they were there.

Before you jump on this as liberal bashing, you can flip every example around and have the flip side of the same coin.

... There is now disscusion on the board about the second ammendment, and many seem to think that it isn't in danger and it isn't very important, while the fourth ammendment is in danger and it is important. Aren't they both equally important? ...

I think you need to go back and read my post a little closer wink

I said ALL of the Ammendments in the Bill of Rights are important. If you can find where I said the Second Ammendment is not important I will be a monkey's uncle. My point was that people get worked up over talk of infringing on one of them but didn't appear to give much thought when another right was actually being allowed to be violated. No one of those Ammendments in the Bill of Rights is more important than any of the others.

If you read a little further you will see that I also said I wasn't singling out G.W. There were repubs and dems that voted for the Patriot Act, they should have all been lined up and slapped like Larry, Curly and Moe for that one. I don't care what party someone belongs to, if it is dumb it is dumb on either side of the aisle.

Casey, I wasn't pointing to you individually. My point is that MOST people on here seem to think it is only o. k. if there "side" does it. Like I stated, it is not a one sided issue, it goes both ways.

Bill Clinton had numerous affairs and it is none of our business, but McCain had affairs years ago and now it matters.

I somewhat agree with the rationale of your post. But I had to laugh when I saw your statement above. How much time was wasted with hearings, press conferences, and sworn statements with the whole Clinton scandal thing? In the end what did we find out? He was unfaithful and lied about it. Hmm, that never happens in politics. If he had fessed up to it from the beginning, it would have been difused and the issue would have eventually burned out.

But I'm not sure McCain has suffered through 1/100th of the attention that Clinton got for similar issues. Of course it is only July...

Bill Clinton lied under oath as a sitting president

shocked

Bill Clinton lied under oath as a sitting president
The Bush Administration refuses to go under oath,but they been lyin since day one?,or maybe day 4 after someone got his paperwork in partial order.Now our country is viewed as a joke,and a bunch of bullies.

Now our country is viewed as a joke,and a bunch of bullies.

crycrycry

One big worldwide love fest if Obama gets in, right ??

No lies, all truth, peace, warm, fuzzy, love, love, love.

Originally Posted By: sparcebag
Now our country is viewed as a joke,and a bunch of bullies.

crycrycry

One big worldwide love fest if Obama gets in, right ??

No lies, all truth, peace, warm, fuzzy, love, love, love.

You know, part of me hopes BHO gets in just to shut everyone up. We'll see how fast everything plumits then. Bad things is we'll have four years of it and then have to fix it all.

The politicians that want to impeach Bush should focus on this. Much of this debt is held by other countries. I believe at some point in the future will come back to haunt us. It is also devalueing the dollar and contributing to high commodity prices that squeeze us every day. I view this as a "high crime" and possible treason. Oh wait, these same folks also did their share on running up this deficit.

You must be using wireless on this forum cuz I can't believe you've been on this planet for the last eight years.

My bad, I thought you were including me in the "many" since I spoke to the topic you were citing.

I will agree with you it goes both ways.