Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
lungslicer

Duck boat patch????

I have a older fiberglass duck boat that is leaking from a couple large thin cracks on the bottom. Does anyone know of a material that I could use to fill the cracks with other than fiberglass resign. I want to use something that is easier to sand down. Would auto body filler (bondo) hold up?

If you use Bondo it'll crack again. You'll need fiberglass cloth and resin on the crack. I'd do both sides(inside and out). Surface prep will be important, it'll need to be paint free, scuffed, and clean.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Anyone still at it?   not sure that i will get Isaac out anymore, will still ask these last few days.   Good luck everyone.
    • Haha, sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders and great perspective, Borch.  Plus, I think it's good to be upset about missing!  It motivates a guy to take more selective shots and make better shots.  My shot selection was ok, but my execution was not good.  I made a good shot at a stationary target, but the target was walking.  D-U-M, dumb!!!  Such is life!  Next year Morgan and I will shoot turkeys (as long as I can still get her out there).  
    • From what I read the idiot did not tell anybody....was asked to play in the World's and declined saying his wrists hurt so they made him go in and found the torn tendons...what a duffus.
    • It reminds me if the first year I took my son turkey hunting.  He had several close calls but didn't get a bird.  He was upset.  I said, "Why are you upset?  We got to hunt together for several days and had several exciting encounters.  If you shot one the first day we would have missed all that fun together"  He thought about it for a while and he smiled.  The older I get, the less its about the kill.  Reframing what I thought success was has added to my hunts.  Now, if I could get less upset when I miss a bird I'd have it all figured out.  
    • Excellent.  Nicely done.
    • You got it, Borch!  I was disappointed with how the season ended, but you're definitely right!  I also learned a trick this year- cards!  Morgan really enjoyed playing cards with me in the blind.  It was a good way to pass the time and we enjoyed it quite a bit.  We had a great season together and enjoyed it a ton!     That last encounter we had was really something!  I'm convinced the worst thing birds can do to a bowhunter is to come in to the deeks is stand there and stare.  I'd rather they hung up and didn't come in or did pretty much anything but that.  It makes it virtually impossible to get a bow drawn!  The turkey was at about 5 yards, because I knew we I needed one close for Morgan.  However, at five yards and staring directly in the direction of the blind, she was smart to not try to draw.  That dang bird stood there for two full minutes and didn't move a muscle.  Morgan had a smile from ear to ear and at one point told me "I was so excited and my heart was pounding so hard I thought I might die!"     It would have been a slam dunk with her crossbow, but she wanted to get one with a vertical bow.  I'm proud of her for sticking with it and she said "I'm just fine with not shooting one, Dad."  I'm glad she's ok with that.  I wish I was more ok with it...  but, that's hunting!  
    • Sounds like he is going to bring "fire" to the team haha.  Hoping he can come up with something to do with all the aging players who aren't living up to their contracts.     Also heard that Coyle played the last 2 months with torn ligaments in his wrists.  Going in for surgery.  Kind of an eye opener really, Coyle with torn wrist ligaments is better than anything they could've moved up that is healthy?  Uh oh....
    • Hey, it's all good. Morgan and you spending time together in the outdoors and getting a close encounter is what it's all about.     Sometimes the birds win and we simply run out of time.