• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Indy

LMITOUT

I had a friend at the race today and got a call in the boat today on Big Sandy.

He said that people where leaving early because of the tire issue's.

He asked if I could hear the booing on TV. Told him I was fishing his spot and nailing the eye's. grin

Sifty

If I owned or team I would cancel the check to Goodyear or get together with the other teams and get some kind of compensation package! Missing the mark and missing the entire target are two different things! I would bet that you could do 10 laps full throttle in any of the "stock" off the showroom cars that they pretend to race and still have tires left! If your going to build a race tire than build a race tire and make sure its going to work before race day! I would love to see Goodyear design a tire for passenger vehicles and release it to the public with no lab or real world testing only to have it fail miserably. They would be taking it in the pocket pretty hard not only compensating for the tires but the damage to there image as well!

I thought I heard the boo's every time the yellow came out but wasn't sure. I also noticed the people walking down the paths outside the track with only ten laps left and couldn't believe it.

Everybody is punking on Nascar and Goodyear, and rightfully so, but I think that Indianapolis Motor Speedway has some share of the blame on this too. Remember, this is the same track 3 years ago that tried to hold a Formula 1 race and had teams refusing to race because of what the track did to tires and they felt it was unsafe to run. Yes it would be expensive to resurface but I would think they would have a couple of bucks lying around.

DD

I dozzed off and on for most of it, What a wase of time. Nascar should be sending Thank You, or mabe Sorry cards to every one of us who watched it. They are complaining that the drivers are upset with the car, people upset with the competition, it just stinks.

Did anyone else notice the amount of empty seats? Who else used the words "wake me up when there is 10 laps to go."?

I agree that the race was pretty bad and they have had past issues. So, this year they change the tire to try and fix things and it doesn't work. Boring yes, but they did try and we have to give them credit for that. Maybe next year they will have a better tire or the owners of the track will grind the surface or resurface it for better racing.

I guess we will have to wait and see but good money says they will have a change for the next race.

They didn't do any testing at Indy because it was decided that Pocono was similar so they went there instead. It sounded like the teams made that decision from what I heard last night. The problem is that even though the banking and corners are close to the same at both tracks, the track surfaces are obviously not.

The track was diamond ground in 2005 so the track facilities cannot be blamed for this fiasco.

But the diamond grinding leaves a very abrasive track doesn't it?

Yes, but they've raced on this track since it had been ground without nearly the problems they had yesterday with the COT.

Everybody is punking on Nascar and Goodyear, and rightfully so, but I think that Indianapolis Motor Speedway has some share of the blame on this too. Remember, this is the same track 3 years ago that tried to hold a Formula 1 race and had teams refusing to race because of what the track did to tires and they felt it was unsafe to run. Yes it would be expensive to resurface but I would think they would have a couple of bucks lying around.

DD

The thing to remember w/ that was that it was only the teams running Michelin tires that refused to race (because Michelin brought an inferior tire to the track, just like Goodyear did yesterday). The teams running Bridgestone tires had no problems and ran the race w/ the track as-is. It was also only 1 corner of the F-1 track that caused the Michelin teams to refuse to run; they would have run if F-1 would have added a chicane to reduce the speeds going into that corner, so I'm not buying the excuse that it's the tracks fault.

Quote:
I would guess with the new COT car and the tires, there is an issue they need to resolve.

I have to agree . They have so much rear steer built into it, they crab walk down the straights and after the Atlanta episode, Goodyear just plain old went with a too soft of a tire,trying to appease the drivers. At least it was fair to everyone.

They have so much rear steer built into it, they crab walk down the straights

I noticed that, it was almost like they were going sideways. Not an exciting race to watch at all frown

On Nascar Now, Biffle said the tire turned to powder as they ran laps instead of sticking to the surface. He basically said that it was more due to the cot than anything else. No doubt next year should be a heck of a race after all this controversy. Cant Wait!

I keep seeing video of the tire explosions that 17 & 42 had. The 17 had major damage including some chassis supports were damaged. The tire completly took of the rear quarter and exited out the rear side window. What if the tire happened to end up somewhat inside the cab bouncing around at 200mph?